agustdv

United Arab Emirates

[ a f r a h ]

far too nonchalant about things i should probably care about

reviews pLeAsE. reviews without anything constructive are honestly a waste of your time, more than anything. be harsh or whatever when you critique me, but please do.

as for comments, they help a lot lol so if you drop a few, it would be highly appreciated.

c l o s e r

The bridge yawns back at me; two gaping streets and cars whizzing past, glimmering, angry. Warm gusts of a gloomy summer slither through my hair, remnants of dried tears, my cheeks solemn and tranquil.

So I stop, and stare. The footpaths smile, brick and bone monstrosity, I am small; Lilliputian in pain. I begin screaming; profanities, hurling words like pebbles on windows, the people in the cars looking at me with trepidation and concern; I am trivial.

And then, it is over. This fragile, quivering moment, this silent bridge and my frustration. We become one; down-trodden, the beaten path.

2

happened to stumble upon this again, still just as incredible as i remembered!

• jaii

your imagery is outstanding. it’s a shame that you didn’t place in the competition. this is definitely one of the top three best entries that i’ve read. sometimes i wonder what the judges are even doing

• r|A|i|N

this is another killer piece. i love your writing style - so elegant and interesting, very pleasing to read.

totally agree with anha! i'm going to have a word with the judges if this doesn't place. your writing style is one of my favorites on this site (and honestly, not just on this site), and as usual, the way you use words to create a story is perfect, the kind of thing you get immersed in.

this is the best entry i've seen for this competition so far!! your imagery never fails to astound me. really hope you win this one :)

• fatpanda

I read this one multiple times, really pleasing usage of words here :)