ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

17|She/Her|Slytherin|HP|Star Wars|Marvel|LOTR|Madam Secretary|Umbrella Academy|Classic Novels|Journals|Barns and Noble|Soccer|The PL|Manchester United|USWNT|Music|Taylor Swift|Law|Violin|Food|Hopeless Romantic
draco is mine <3

Any and all feedback is welcome. This is attempt number two after two AMAZING peer reviews (thank you SO so much scripturience and RedWriter!) Hope this version is just as impactful as the first. Below is copied my original message; I chose to keep it in because I believe it's important to showcase what I believe and help people better understand where I'm coming from in my story.
Praying for everyone in Dayton and El Paso following the mass shootings there this past weekend. It breaks my heart every time I go on the news only to see that there has been ANOTHER mass shooting or terrorist attack or tragic occurrence somewhere in my country. We can't let this become the norm, and I wish I was old enough to vote and be able to make a difference that way. Until then, writing helps me sort out what I'm feeling and I just hope that we find a way to fix this problem.

How Many Times?

"Breaking News: 22 killed in mass shooting at Hinswood High School this morning. Dozens more injured."

~1 week later~

A girl stood in a cemetery; 12 red roses clutched in her hands. The thorns cut deep into her palms, but she didn't notice.

Tears slid down her face as she knelt by a gravestone and began laying the flowers down.

The stone read: 

"Luke G. McKinley
February 23, 2004 - March 17, 2022"

Her tears said I love you, I miss you over and over as they hit the ground.

"You saved me," she whispered. "You saved my life."