Dsc 5496

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Wordsmith
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ
Aquaphobe
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars." ~ Martin Luther King Jr

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Unexpected

4
Everything hurt.
   Every heartbeat rattled her breath.
It felt like the atmosphere was pressing heavily down on her.
   "God, help me." Penny Perkins swallowed hard and tucked her quivering chin behind her knees.
   Hot tears leaked out from the corners of her eyes, made blue by sorrow.
Penny wished for someone to end her misery. 
She peeked over the concrete edge of the apartment building at the eight pm traffic below.
   Buses, pick-ups, semis, pedestrians rushed past, too consumed with their own lives to care about one teenager on the brink of desperation.
They don't care. 
   Penny choked on a sob; life had her by the throat and was slowly squeezing.
   Had she lost herself somewhere along the road of her life? Or had something been wrong with her all along?
   Her cracked-polish decorated toes played with the sharp roof's edge.
Could it really be so easy to end my suffering? 
   Was this option too good to be true? 
Cold, gasoline-tinged air hit her tear-streaked face as she lifted it to the horizon made dark by rain clouds.
   Layers upon layers of inevitable doom.
Was every event in her life leading her to this moment?
   Penny's eyes rested softly on the sliver of white lining the hills, struggling for a voice among the darkness.
   Her heart lurched.
Was there just a speck of a chance for her? Or would the clouds win? The unknowns tugged at her, and she sat still in indecision.
   A little, black Starling strutted up beside her, its' tiny, detailed feathers sticking out in a hundred directions as a breeze rustled by. It cocked its' beady eye up at her as though telling her to get off its' roof.
   Penny blinked slowly back at it. Her soul was drained; her heart empty.
"Would anyone care?" Her whisper startled the little bird, and it flew back a few feet.
   Penny looked back up at the line of hope. It beckoned to her.
A surge of emotion rose up in her throat, and for a moment she couldn't breathe.
   She could only be thankful for the unexpected hope that stirred her heart from its dead ashes and gave it reason to live again. 

1