tøp

Ireland

The safe haven

0
CHAPTER ONE

It was a normal day. The leaves were blowing in the wind. The sun shinning. Tessa was sitting on the sofa listening to music with her little brother Toby. Her dad came home from work and plonked himself down on the sofa next to them,and let out a big sigh.
"How was work" Tessa's mom asked coming into the sitting room. Her hair was in a messy bun and her clothes were full of flour.
"It was fine, Tony's having a baby" he replied
"Oh that's great, have you seen the news i cant even believe it"
Tessas mom turned on the t.v. and they all watched. A t.v. presenter came on talking about a new disease. It told everyone to stay inside for the better of their saftey
"Whats this crap" Tessas dad said
"Dad this could be serious" Tessa said.
As soon as she closed her mouth they all heard it. A scream. So high pitched it hurt their ears. 
"It must be the neighbours fighting again"said Tesaas dad looking at his familys worried faces. Then suddenly there was a loud thwack on the door and inhuman screams.Dad jumped up first and grabbed tobys baseball bat that was on the floor. He told everyone to be quiet as he slowly edged toward the front door. The sound of nails scratching against the door was hard to listen to.
"Mama im scared" Toby cried hugging on to his mother 
"Tessa bring Toby into his room and stay there with him"
Tessa did what she was told. They stayed in there together covering their ears from the horrible screams of their dying parents

CHAPTER TWO

Tessa and Tody sat huddled together in their room that they shared. The screaming had slowly stopped but Tessa could still here something ,someone out there. She looked around the room for a weapon. On the floor lay a plastic bat. What else could you find in a room you shared with a six year old? Tessa tried to stay strong and act like everything was fine to try calm down Tobby but inside she felt more scared than him. She grabbed the bat and pushed Tobby under the bed to hide him
"What are you doing?"his vioce trembling "please dont leave me alone"
"I need to get to mum amd dad to help them"
"Dont forget about me"
"I wont ,i never will"
Normally she would be teasing and hurting her brother and now she wanted nothing else but to hug him and never leave his side. She got up and slowly walked toward the door. She turned the handle as beads of sweat rolled down her temples. The door was open and she stuck her head around. From the hallway she saw a puddle of blood next to her mothers torn apart body. Next to her dead mother were two people hunched over her ,ripping pieces of flesh off her bones. Tessa covered her mouth but it didnt help her scream was load and clear. As soon as she finished screaming both the strange people turned around ar ran straight for her.