Dsc 5496

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Wordsmith
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ
Aquaphobe
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars." ~ Martin Luther King Jr

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

The Day I Slipped Away

3
"Oh, you think so, do you?" Nathan Saiders sent a smirk over his shoulder, causing me to swerve and hit a small pebble with my bike's front tire.
   Heat rushed to my face as I clutched the handlebars tightly and regained control.
How could Nathan's gaze affect me like this?
I felt like a goony teenager around him.
   "Yes, I do." I shouted to be heard above the city traffic blowing in our ears.
"We'll see, then, when we leave the city limits." Nathan coasted around a corner, with me braking a wobbly turn a few seconds behind him. 
   "You're on."
I saw his cheekbones rise in an unseen smile, and it somehow warmed my heart.
   Or maybe it was just the August sun.
Part of me wanted to blame the defenseless orb, but most of me knew that I had been helplessly in love from the first day I met Nathan Saiders.
Though I didn't know it then.
   A frown darkened my face as I thought of my grandma's recent death. It still hurt. Nathan, as a friend, had been there for me through the doctor's pronouncement, the illness, and the memorial service.
   I looked appreciatively at the confident biker ahead of me.
   Boy, am I lucky. 
But in my musing, I had forgotten to look where I was going.
   Nathan started across an intersection, and I followed without checking my surroundings.
   He glanced back; his widening eyes filling me with alarm.
"Abigail! Stop!"
   Then something metallic rammed into my side, horns bellowed, tires squealed, and my head hit trash-littered concrete. The world whirled around frenzily, each color and sound blending together like a crazy Picasso painting.
   There was a high-pitched note in my ears, then something warm and wet slipped down my face. I couldn't understand why.
   I felt something soft touch my shoulder, and two dark brown eyes stared down at me.
   Nathan, what's wrong? 
I tried to move my lips, but they seemed disconnected from the rest of me.
   I coughed hard, spitting and heaving uncontrollably.
As my eyes flickered closed, the last thing I remembered was Nathan desperately shouting my name.

• August 2, 2019 - 11:49am (Now Viewing)

• PiperBakes

Wow you describe my thoughts perfectly...I've been in Abigail's friend situation too, and I guess still am, as awkward as it is xD #GoonyToo

• New York_dreamer

I LOVE THIS!!! so well written <3
    Also, I love the verse on your message bio :) #ChildrenofGod