read_write_love_paris

My life is a mix of reading, procrastination, writing, more procrastination, and sometimes; occasionally, schoolwork. I love to write and I started writing because it helped me when I was upset. Wow; that sounds cliche, but oh well - it's true!

I hope right now you are smiling. If you're not, go write! It will help, I promise. If you can't write, then read. Read anything. If you can't read, then just smile and laugh. Even if it feels fake, it will begin to feel real. Life is too short to be unhappy!

Thirteen Years Old

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

0
The thing is, I'm not that old yet. But when I was young, thirteen was a big number. I looked at thirteen year olds like they were adults. Like they knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it. Like they were independent - happy by themselves. Maybe they had found love, maybe they had not. All I really thought about thirteen year olds was that they were teenagers - they were practically young adults. They were in high school - they were big. Now I am thirteen, I realise several things. First of all, I am not and am nowhere near being an adult. Even a young adult. I am still a child and I still feel young, although I am at the beginning of the journey that is my teen years. I don't see myself as being independent. I am fine by myself but I can't handle just being alone and without my family a lot. Love? I love many people, and I have lots of relationships, but so far, none of them are romantic. And that is completely and totally fine with me. The way I see it, there's plenty of time to find love, and right now, I don't need to. I'm happy with that. Yes, I am a teenager, but let me tell you now, I don't feel that way. Sometimes I feel like when God or whoever handed out the teenager genes, I was sick that day. But to be honest with you, I don't really care. I'll grow, and I'm sure in a year or two I'll be just like the rest of them. Which, in my opinion, isn't something to look forward to. So maybe I'll just be like Peter Pan. An adapted version. Never grow up, still be a child at heart, and never forget my values. Somewhat like Peter Pan, except maybe without the mermaids and pirate ships, because no matter how much I wish it did, that kind of stuff doesn't really happen in real life. Yes. One thing I can say about being thirteen is that I'm happy. I'm happy with myself and my life, and I feel like I'm being myself and having fun doing it. I've overcome many things, and there is always sadness, but happiness overpowers it. I'm sure that when I'm sixteen or seventeen, I'll think of my thirteen year old self as a child. Age is relative.
I just gave you readers a little glimpse into my life. It's not fictional and definitely not philosophical, but that's okay. I wrote without thinking about what I was writing. I wrote from the heart, and sometimes, just sometimes, that's the best kind of writing.

• April 10, 2016 - 12:17am (Now Viewing)