Oscar_Locke

these are my letters
to myself.

feelings as words as feelings

sontag poem

7

coming home

like christ, a cornfield, a phoenix, bonfires, the taste of rye, oil stains, water stains, a thaw, a cry, the rising sun, flashlights, lightning, powerlines, a curling road, the stone thrown, soil wet, a hand in mine, that crown of thorns, green grapes, the grinding teeth, every lie, split tongues, skin shined, taking notes, my sketches, an arc, circles closed, warm bodies, the pass of time.

• July 26, 2019 - 10:52am (Now Viewing)

pouringoutthesun said it better than i could. you list solid things, things that can be touched or seen or smelled or tasted, and they come together to create a fuller, abstract image, something that can only be felt.

• PouringOutTheSun

I can’t explain what it is that I am feeling as I read this, all I know is that it’s good. This is really, really good and it’s not that it’s seamless, sorry, I’m bad at articulating myself, it’s just that every thing you’ve listed creates this fantastic image in my head. You’ve got the ambience down perfectly. It’s rather amazing.

• weirdo

Beautiful work! Also, I just realized that I was never following you. I swear I was