9b115eb73c0a3ce811131451d9ec83ff

agustdv

United Arab Emirates

[ a f r a h ]

commenting helps me :)

d r e a m s

5

"i try my best at sleeping but my dreams are unappealing." - the japanese house

there is an earth shattering ache in my chest when i wake up from a sweet
dream; the vast emptiness of what could have been. i bend and break, yew trees and the soft acceptance of thorns and how they hurt; to love is a catastrophe.

i cannot breathe; water clogged lungs, airways, bloodstreams and blood in streams; ophelia, sweet ophelia is my protege. i sleep like i live in the yesterdays; building homes out of distant men and rude awakenings. building homes out of disgraceful endings. i think yesterdays are my daydreams, muses of ballads, muses of poets.

it is easy to want to live when death is two inches from your nose; i dance with pinocchio and his mesmerizing lies. you have an aching scent etched into my skull, creeping through corridors and elevators, creeping into my skin. do you like it? did i?

my tongue is on fire; me and my vitriolic words, spewing at you like bone and tissue for sacrifice. sledgehammers and my butcher's instincts; i won't stop crooning to my lust for blood, fat in the fire, fat furs, warmth.

like a b-black sheep baa-baa-ing into the corners of my b-brain, i am scared to fall a-asleep.

1

your writing seems to flow so freely, like a direct stream from the depths and abstracts of your brain onto the screen. it isn’t trying too hard, or too aware of the audience; it presents itself for what it is, and what it is is amazing prose. there wasn’t any line here that didn’t grab me by the throat, but i particularly loved “it’s easy to want to live when death is two inches from your nose; i dance with pinocchio and his mesmerizing lies” and the entire second stanza.

• asteria

i love the lines: "bloodstreams and blood in streams," "you have an aching scent etched into my skull," "sledgehammers and my butcher's instincts," and "the soft acceptance of thorns and how they hurt." beautiful imagery, & i'd love to see more of your writing like this!

• Oscar_Locke

I love this poem, but I feel the first two stanzas are the strongest. I think that if you cut the last 3 stanzas and rewrote them to fit the rhythm and subtle imagery of their predecessors, it could take this poem to another level.

Either, this is great work!