7461d8e8 f9e2 4f6b 8f2a e27a974888f1

PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

Hello!!! I’ve been playing Hollow Knight very ardently lately!!

The Sky Will Be My Graveyard, I Can’t Say The Same For You

3
You’ve gone soft without your dreams to harden your edges anymore and it’s disgusting to watch. You’re rotting like fruit and your putrid insides are dripping down my hands as I squeeze and I squeeze and I squeeze. Your insides are sickly sweet. Where did the bright eyed ghosts and visions of pink clouds go?

It would be better if you were hollow, no eyes left to see me with, no voice left to coax me back. You could be a little soft round ball, rolling slowly around, getting more squashed out of shape by the giants who dared to reach for the stars.

I’m so angry because those stars only burnt you once. They only got too much for you once. You know how many times I have wanted to reach inside of myself and pull out all my deeply aching desires in a mess of bloody rawness? It’s too many to count much like the amount of times you’ve disappointed me now. 

You could have had whole planets sewn into your bones and you chose to be decrepit and full of sadness instead. You’re all bent out of shape and I am this close to stealing away that last piece of glass you clutch so hard in your hand because you didn’t earn it. You didn’t fight with your blood and your want and your shouts and you tears for it. You picked it up off the ground, the ground. Do you know how mundane that is? The sky was put here for things like us to toy with but you were too focused on dirt.

Focus on it some more, you’ll be buried in it after all.

• July 19, 2019 - 5:19pm (Now Viewing)