Applecharm11 Starhorse

Hi! I love writing about animals, fantasy and just expressing myself through words. 'A painting paints a thousand words' so why not a thousand words form a painting?

Hi! I write for hobby and for escaping troubles. I love to write as I get to 'live through' the stories I improvise on the spot. It makes me able to feel and be someone else in a world where I can change anything.I hope my words can make a difference

What he did

PROMPT: All Talk

0
Hi Ginn.
Hey, Leif.
So..What are you thinking about?
.... nothing.
Doesn't look like nothing. You seem... depressed... why?
Its none of your business.
... Ginn, you're my friend. What hurts you... hurts me too. So tell me what the problem is.
...SIGH... if you must know... well... its just that... I've been thinking....
Yes?
Do you think I'm a criminal?
W..What?
Do you still see me as a criminal?
Ginn, what do you-
I've killed your friends, I've killed people. I've killed people for no other reason except the fact that they were people.
... I've put your past behind you. So you should too.
But do the OTHERS see me as a criminal? Have they seen that I've changed? At all?
...
I can SEE them point at me, I see them wary. I can HEAR them talking about me, and none of the things they say are nice.
Ginn, they'll get over it, they just-
They're right.
...
I've killed people. They know it, I know it. That kind of blood can't be washed so easily.
So why? Why did you?
They were people.
Meaning?
They were human, the humans around where I lived. The same people who... who...
What? What did they do?
They... they...
What?
Forget it.
Ginn, what did they do?
THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!
W-What?
Thats why I hate them! Why I killed them...
...
They didn't do anything. They.. they just watched, ignored, walked away.
...
My family... living in the alleys, surviving on TRASH! But what did people do? THey watched, they laughed. They taunted us with the food they were graciously given. THen... those monsters.
...
They didn't do anything. They NEVER helped.
...
Thats why my mom died. Why my dad was killed.
...
Sure my dad got a job at the port, being a loader for some illegal activity... but what was he suppose to do?! No one came to help, it was just us. And trash does'nt feed five people. He had four hungry children, Leif. And NO ONE ELSE wanted to hire a man from the streets. HE did what he had to to survive. For US to survive.
...
But what happened? PEOPLE told on the police. They chased my father, straight into his death.
...
They chased him at night, he fell into a contruction hole and DIED. And what did they do? PEOPLE. They just... just... WATCHED. LIke he was some sick entertainment. But, do you think I could laugh along with them? When my father was lying there, twisted, bloody and dead?
...
They just left him there.... And did anyone care that no one could feed his children? No.
...
Then Zach starved to death. My bigger brother... Darren... he left us. He became one of them... people. Became the boss of a gang and ran off.
...
Just me and my little sis. Feeding off the bins.
...
And when Samantha got sick, NO ONE cared. People just watched again, with their phones out.
...
When she died... I swore hatred against the world. I dared it to a challenge of TRUE cruelty.
...
And thats when I started using my gun on the things I hated. The world, people.
...
I know I'm a criminal. I've killed people. And... I'm proud of it. So, is that why everyone sees me as a criminal? So is it true that I can never change who I am? What I did?
...
Ginn.
I know... you've done many bad things. And you may have enjoyed it.
But it does'nt make you a bad person.
You stopped killing. Though you may feel it was never a sin, you need to understand why it was bad. So you can truly change.

But does it matter? Others... people won't see my change so easily.
Ginn, it never matters about what they think. Its what you think.
...
So if you want to change, you do it not for them, but for yourself.
Don't try to be good for them, be for yourself.
Just be yourself.

But what if the past is myself? What if I'm just such a person?
No. You aren't.
How would you know?
Because nobody, is born evil.
Its the choices you make.
Its when you give in to your feelings.

...
And I know, you can control yourself.
What if they get to me? What if the fact that everyone hates me, makes me give in?
They wont.
...?
Because not everyone hates you.
Who doesn't?
I don't.
...
And as your friend, I believe you can change.
Leif... I.. I don't know what to say...
Just be yourself.
And that will be enough.

A conversation between my two characters, Ginn and Leif.

• April 8, 2016 - 9:03am (Now Viewing)