Soph_thewriter

God ✝️
Reading
Writing ✍️
Running ‍
Doctor Who ✨

Just a short blerb about writing. The past few months have been tough, but I’ve finally overcome my writer’s block.

How?

By writing every day with the help of Camp NaNoWriMo and realizing that my drafts don’t have to be perfect :)

What else do you use to re-inspire yourself?

The Art of Writing

1
Fingers slashing at the keyboard. 

Pencils gliding across the paper.

Characters coming to life.

I sigh and lean back in my seat, a smile sneaking onto my face while the rest of the world is drowned out. I’ve broken out of a rut, one that has plagued me for months, hunting me like a bloodthirsty predator chasing its prey.

Perhaps it was the stress of school consuming my life, or the never ending storm of perfectionism; whatever the case, I am free from my bondage now, inspiration swirling within me like a hurricane. 

Still, I fear that it will return, that inability to write. It’s impossible to ignore.

Some call it “Writer’s Block.”
But— is there such thing? 

In all honesty, I’m not sure. The one thing I do know, however, is that writing is an art. It requires patience and practice and perseverance. Don’t give up when you’re feeling unmotivated— take a break and come back later. After all, the characters we write are ones who put up a fight. So when “Writer’s Block” strikes again, don’t let it consume you. Figure out where it’s coming from...
and then conquer it. 

• July 16, 2019 - 4:17pm (Now Viewing)