agustdv

United Arab Emirates

[ a f r a h ]

far too nonchalant about things i should probably care about

reviews pLeAsE. reviews without anything constructive are honestly a waste of your time, more than anything. be harsh or whatever when you critique me, but please do.

as for comments, they help a lot lol so if you drop a few, it would be highly appreciated.

aquarius

7

aquarius, 
i am a water-bearer, a broken shoulder of consoled tears and empty comfort, i simply look at your misery and close my eyes. sometimes, you understand. sometimes, you let go. sometimes, i am allowed to breathe.

i throw apathy parties and blow unlit candles, an ode to futility and the art of bleak tradition. i break halos and promises and light bulbs. my words are f r a g m e n t e d

play, play, play around, play with you, play pretend. of fleeting lovers and dancing on glass, i put cinderella to shame. you come knocking on my door; melancholy caressing your eyes, time running away, time ticking tocking tocking.

"save me," you say, a ghost in your voice, a hollow ache in your chest. 

me? save you? what of me, then? what of me, me, me, me, me? i am alive too. what of me?

"save yourself," i say as coldly as possible.

but my shoulder breaks oh s o softly. 

assdfjdgkjag; i love it!! the apathy parties, the unlit candles, a tired water-bearer, playing pretend. this whole thing is penned so beautifully. i think the only thing i'm a little confused about is if this is addressed to aquarius or written by aquarius. it seems to be the latter but the way it begins with "auqarius," like a letter implies that the piece is written to and not from an aquarius. but seriously, this is really good!

• Crow

This is great! I love the sentence about throwing apathy parties--it's relatable... I also love how you build the character to seem indifferent like a robot only to reveal that they are at least somewhat human at the end.