PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

Seems I’m feeling melancholy. Can anybody lend me a time machine?

The Only Thing I’m Certain Of Is That I Want To Feel a Younger Star’s Light Across My Eyelids

12
I don’t know, okay? 

Maybe I’ve spent too long wanting to be held in a cherry red mist, with those god touched silhouettes at my back and a river scarring it’s way through my soul.

Maybe I’ve spent too long with my fingers itching to hold my palm against Atlas’ face, to take a little of the weight of the heavens from across his shoulders and drape it over me like some semblance of a new beginning for the damned.

Or maybe, just maybe, I’ve spent too long gliding my hands across paper and across marble, cutting my feet on sharpened glory as I watch the sun curl its way into the sky because it’s still so certain that down below on earth, gods walk the land and they’re aching for something new.

1

love love love!! your writing is always so unearthly, in a good way, as though written by a god or an immortal, and it has the rich, dripping gold imagery to match!

• loveletterstosappho

reading this made me suddenly aware of my heartbeat, for some reason. it's so aching and raw and beautiful--love you and your writing, sun

• Oscar_Locke

How do you do this? It's just awesome!

• Inspiry

Your writing is incredible! Wow. Something about the words you use and the order you put them in... beautiful. That second line is my favorite. I honestly don't know what to say other than how breathtaking this piece is. :)

• jaii

Wow. Once again, you’ve found a way to weave words into a beautiful piece that paints an amazing image in my mind. Give me your writing skills