Space project so far jpg

Upsidownpenguin

Self taught freelancer. probably 17.
“Why . . . would a penguin be in a piss pot?
"Wait, seriously, what's a piss pot?”
― Pat Shand, Destiny, NY, Volume One: Who I Used to Be
Write Free

Make sure to include the #Pickthreecards in your piece to enter!

July's Enclave Prompt! #Pickthreecards

5
Hello everybody! This is the first Reviewer’s Enclave writing challenge. This challenge will go for the rest of the month of July 2019 and will end the first day of August 2019.
    So, we all love a good set of characters. They are what gets us to believe that the events in a novel or story are happening. They are the source of our immersion and verisimilitude in reading.
    Here’s the challenge: You have to pick three of the characters below and write a story about them interacting in a believable way. How would they react to each other?
    Each character “card” has information that     must be included in your story. Their backstory doesn’t have to be explained, only referenced, just to make things simple.
    Also! There is a review competition this month! When you write an excellent (and I mean excellent) review, post a link to it in the comments below so others can see it. Everyone deserves at least one review for their hard work on their writing.
    At the end of the month, the best three-character story and the best review will be presented in the piece at the end of the month, and the winner of the three character story will be able to (if they choose) make the prompt for next month (Unless i come up with a better prize).
    The best review will be able to set a review goal for next month, as in how many reviews enclave members need to write next month, long as it isn’t over 15 reviews. We still want quality in our critiques, and too many reviews will decrease the potential for such quality.
Write free everybody,
    Upsy

Character one: Zeem Zimmerson
Traits: 1) Is a lizard man 2) Likes to make weapons out of bones 3) has a healing factor
Backstory: Once a tribesperson from a faraway world, Zeem found his way to earth by discovering ancient technology that teleported him here. He now seeks a way home.
Character two: Thantos, wizard of cold
Traits: 1) Is an elf 2) likes to shoot ice at people he doesn't agree with, 3) has a strong allergie to cheese.
Backstory: From an ancient island full of dragons and monsters, Thantos used to adventure with a priest, a warrior and a ranger. He casted a spell that teleported him away and he doesn't remember what spell it was (vancian magic haha)
Character three: Fuutbol, the living pig skin
Traits: Enjoys long walks on the beach.
Backstory: is a hunk of pig skin.
Character four: Spoon, the raven dude
Traits: is a raven guy with no wings, and can perfectly mimic any sound.
Backstory: Is eight years old and serves a dark star named Dilariel
Character five: Shazor, the undying rock
Traits: is rock that cannot die.
Backstory: Shazor used to be a guy but now he is a rock. *shrug*
Character six: Commander Soot
Traits: Is an ex-space marine, is very good at shooting a lazer rifle and ordering people around, but they are also very old.
Backstory: Soot served in the space force for six decades before being discharged due to a severe toe injury.
Character seven: Any useless side character from a movie or book, but they have to be useless to the plot they were a part of.

• July 16, 2019 - 6:25pm (Now Viewing)

• r|A|i|N

https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/118636/version/225827/peer_review/show/45919
    my review

• weirdo

Upsy, the piece is called “Light Shines From Afar”

• Upsidownpenguin

@Juliana the link doesn't work for me. Could you share the name of the piece so I could try and find it?

• Juliana

I can’t do the prompt (which is a great idea) since I’m going out of town and won’t have time, but here is a review I did!
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/120390/version/229784/peer_review/show/46191

• weirdo

I have a suggestion. The reviewing competition is good and all. But, maybe in the future, you can have the receiver of the review nominate a review. That way, they can explain how helpful it was to them for taking their piece to the next step. Also, you wouldn’t have to read through a review that wasn’t really helpful at all but the reviewer just kinda put it into the contest. Just a suggestion:)

• Ursa Rover

Ooooh this is cool. Gonna attempt it for sure.
    I think you should make an official group as well, it will make it easier for you and everyone involved because you can keep the group items and your personal pieces separate.

• ajamwal

Hmm... this is a very interesting prompt, I will attempt to do it, fingers crossed!! I definitely think you should make an official group on Writing groups!! Also, I am not sure if my reviews are good, because I am not very good at them.

• Upsidownpenguin

Also! I forgot to ask BUT it has been brought to my attention that I could create a group for the enclave and not do it on my personal account. I want to do what is best for this, so if you could share yout opinions on making an official group that would be helpful

• weirdo

Awesome! I’m gonna try to do this