Doodlefacef0

Kate Livewire

Philippines

Hi guys!
I'm Kate Livewire, here and on SoundCloud (and everywhere else XD)
I'm a bookworm, singer-songwriter, and a writer of few and far between stories (because of writer's block).
Hope you enjoy my works, and I hope to improve over time! :)

Anomaly

Here is a link to a rough recording of this if you want to listen!
https://soundcloud.com/katelivewire/anomaly-extremely-rough-draft-for-write-the-world-songwriting-contest/s-uwy7P
the parts in asterisks are what the lines previously were. Please tell me which lines you prefer :)

I wonder how our feelings grow
Ain't it strange
The places our thoughts can go
Outer space
Wondering what path 
I should take
It's strange to think about

Right now I hate reality
And this life
I'm trying hard not to repeat
Things twice
But mistakes keep piling up and I
Can't find the strength to leave

Dive...
Headfirst into the pit
Fly...
Don't you hesitate my love

You see I have learned my lessons through fear
The prices I've paid were far too near
To the heart that I sacrificed                 *to my heart and I bear the price*
Never got off easy with life

Now I'm trapped in this nightmare/*forest* with no one to save me
(Can't go now)
If I try to escape I wonder if you'll hunt/*chase* me
(Down this time)
My thoughts are all scattered but I have to calm down
(Stop and think)
I'm trapped in my own home there's nothing else to do
(But run away)
*SPOILERS*
This song is part of an album I'm writing that centers on a woman whose boyfriend has started to become abusive. We follow her journey from the start of their relationship (when he was still a good person) until the end of their relationship (when she finally runs away and ends it). 
This song happens around the time when she realizes she can't let herself freeze up anymore and she has to get out of here. 
So, does the song convey the story well? Please let me know! :)

• Kate Livewire

@ava09 Thank you so much!!! My songs are my babies so it really means a lot :) and thank you for telling me your preference!

• ava09

I also really enjoyed this piece; both the lyrics and the recording. It was beautiful and well thought out and your voice is so good! My personal preference is "to the heart I sacrificed" because I think that sounds better and I think "bear the price" would be too repetitive.

• Kate Livewire

@timtam.9 Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :) and yes, that is my voice. Thank you also for telling me your preferences for the words! Any preference for the line, "To the heart that I sacrificed/*to my heart and I bear the price*" ?

• timtam.9

This song was beautiful. I listened to the recording and the combination of the lyrics, the instrumental and what I presume is your voice is stunning. The emotions you bring out in this is amazing and I love it. For the last verse, if you are unsure of which lyrics to use I personally like “nightmare” (over forest) because it sets a nice tone in relation to your story and “chase” (over hunt) because it rolls nicely from the previous line where you say “save me”. But overall I really liked this song, keep it up.

• The Bubbling Pen

such a gorgeous piece, really hits home with so many different interpretations xx