agustdv

United Arab Emirates

[ a f r a h ]

far too nonchalant about things i should probably care about

reviews pLeAsE. reviews without anything constructive are honestly a waste of your time, more than anything. be harsh or whatever when you critique me, but please do.

as for comments, they help a lot lol so if you drop a few, it would be highly appreciated.

window

PROMPT: Doorways

5

when the world begins to swallow me whole, i close my eyes.

i think i always had a penchant for darkness. the silent, gaping cavity yawning at me was never daunting. i liked listening to myself breathe in that pitch, pitch black.

so when the world begins to swallow me whole, i switch off the lights.

cold coffee and i are toxic lovers drunk on obsession. nothing makes me feel like it. nothing replaces the ache that runs in my blood when i dissolve myself in caffeine. the sugar clings to my teeth and tongue and throat, but i do not mind. i do not mind it at all.

so when the world begins to swallow me whole, i swallow my brew.

the windows at the end of my room smell inviting. when the clock strikes midnight, and the august breeze whistles by, i crack open the window and sit on the sill, feet dangling in the air, high, high up in the air. the hot wind tickles my toes, and cars whizz past my building, but i do not care. i just breathe.

so when the world begins to swallow me whole, i do not let it.

1

• Catlover

Stunning! I loved this!

• Calling4Rain

I love the atmosphere you created in this piece!