MarSan

Mexico

Won't you tell us a story?

Avatar is by me.

/Inactive/
You can find me in Prose.

They/Them

Gold and Indigo

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

4
The pier shines in gold and indigo as the Levi lake swallows stars. There are a handful of boats playing the part of brooches, red parasols turning into rubies, the moon as a hair piece. Both the city and I have dressed up for the occasion, it seems. We've been parted for a year, and we'll be parted again soon, it doesn't matter now. I observe the faces of street performers scrunched while they sing, the purest demonstrations of passion passing by my side. The storefronts smell of lies, but the insides are bursting with memories. It's quiet at this hour, the tourists retreating into french cafés, their smiles as warm as the heaters outside. They're playing into the illusion of the city, falling in love with the smallest part of a soul. I'd call it foolish if I hadn't gotten my heart broken before. 

My eyes try to clean out the flood of nostalgia, leaving trails of tears down my cheeks. A drug addict stares at me from a corner, and I don't know who's eyes look more lost, his or mine. We're both intruders in this Manet painting of a night, holding onto the smallest piece of eternity. 

I let the lights, who are slowly becomuing extinguished, lead me back towards the paths that I try to stick in my memory, but will forget days after. I seek comfort in knowing they'll forget me as well. For tonight, we're together in a stolen dream. 

1

• MarSan

@rainandsonder im glad you enjoyed it! thank you!

• MarSan

@rAiN thank you!! this is so late sorry sos

“we’re both intruders in this monet painting of a night, holding onto the smallest piece of eternity” and the whole beginning description of the city— gorgeous. this is so so vivid, it feels like i’ve lived another life in this city that you paint here.

• r|A|i|N

the descriptions here are lovely. great work.