B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721

pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
&
Rami Malek
❤️

This is the beginning of my Camp NaNoWriMo July project this year! I'm hoping to publish it after all of it's edited, hopefully traditionally. Leave a comment if you want me to continue posting it here, and feel free to review! :D

The Family That Steals Together Stays Together: Prologue

12
If you were to stand outside the Target in Kansas City’s Legends Outlet on the night of October 9th, you would’ve seen something interesting. You would have seen five people, some of them children, go inside. One might’ve hesitated for a second.

Then it would have been silence, nothing happening for about fifteen minutes. Of course, you probably would’ve left by then, but bear with me here. After those fifteen minutes, the five people would have come back, all of them carrying armloads of stuff, climbed into a car, and driven away.

Now, I know you’ve got questions. Why were they going inside at night? What were they doing? Why were there kids? How do you know any of this?

And all of those questions can be answered in just one sentence: I’m Riley Aniyah, and I come from a family of criminals.
You see, it started with my dad.

…………

Before he married my mom and had kids, my dad joined a gang on accident. He had just moved out and was trying to get a job, but ended up at a place that was fronting a small gang for the time being. He thought it sounded interesting (and he needed a change of pace after the boredom of their front), so he joined them. After he married my mom, he didn’t want to stop, so he didn’t.

When my older sister Sierra was about 7 years old, he decided he needed a partner. Weirdly enough, Sierra was his top choice. Small hands and all, you know? So she accompanied him for the first time on her 8th birthday and seemed to enjoy it. It continued like that until my twin brother Wesley and I turned 8 and started coming with him regularly. Our youngest brother Seth did the same.
I
liked it right from the start, and I’m unusually good at it. I’ve gone with him for almost every job since then, while the others stay back more often. We’ve gotten stuff from all over the country: our hometown of Kansas City, New Orleans, Los Angeles, even a few smaller towns (we didn’t get much from those.).

But Sierra’s heading off to college in a few weeks. Soon it’ll just be me, Wesley, and Seth left. I’m kind of looking forward to it, but it’s not gonna be easy doing it with one less person. But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, right?

You know, I probably shouldn’t be telling you any of this, so I’ll shut up now.

2

• Kenny

Hey, you expressed interest in joining my reviewing club! Here's the link:

• Boogie With Stu

Hey this is awesome! The storyline is really good so far, and the first line really captures the reader, Hope it goes well! :D

Hey would you read Book Sample! REALLY need some feedback!!! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/121538/version/232311 I really wanted to know what you think :)

• WriteCodeSleep

I'm srry 2 bother you, but just needed some advice thx!

• WriteCodeSleep

Dear pencilpaper guy;
    I'm sorry to bother you but can you please gimme a review of my piece here? https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/121419/version/232024 thx

• r|A|i|N

reviewed

• Boogie With Stu

Wow this is really awesome, keep writing!

• -writinginhopesofsomeday-

Yep. Definitely saving this to read more when it comes out here. I really like this beginning!!

• JadeAndSerpentine

Great job engaging the reader in your intro! If you're planning on publishing more, I'd love to see it!

• Juliana

This is an interesting idea. I’ll try to follow along if you publish more.

• AbigailSauble

How interesting. =) I love this beginning, really draws you into the story, and causes you to thirst for more.