intoxicating starlight

Nickname: Waspy
female
christian
in love with love
cats * art * wind * stars * love poetry
Very friendly! Feel free to talk to me :D

My first piece. Hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think! Criticism please!

The Boy Who Could Grow Anything

He flourished on a single capability, that of growing anything. Tanned brow glistening with perspiration, determined eyes readily plucking weeds from blossoms, and worn gardening gloves hanging from his back pocket; the boy could grow anything (well, mostly anything).
                                                                                        ...
The boy who could grow anything did not inherit his green thumb from any known relative. A mother whose flower garden lay forgotten and wilting every spring, a father who had never touched a trowel nor gotten soil beneath his fingernails, and grandparents on both sides whose pursed lips were accustomed to canned vegetables and processed fruits (the only thing they all had in common).
                                                                                        ...
The boy, however, was all calloused hands and mud-streaked cheeks.
A bouquet of wildflowers tucked in every pocket of his overalls; windowsills cluttered with terracotta pots spilling over with greenery. His entire being was made of and for the garden (so long as it was stone-less).
                                                                                        ...
The boy who could grow anything had strawberries for lips. His eyes black olives hidden beneath bangs of cornsilk. Teeth like shiny white daisies flashed in an indulgent grin; cheeks flushed with the smeared juices of tomatoes and watermelon (chlorophyll runs through these veins).
                                                                                        ...
The boy who could grow anything was like a sunflower—tall, round-faced, and cheerful;
[he gorged on snap-peas and stained his knuckles red in raspberry juice when no one was looking]
The boy who could grow anything was like the sun—warm, life-giving, and drawing all into his orbit;
[he felt most at home when the clouds cried and the wind screamed and the sun was nowhere to be found]
The boy who could grow anything tended to his garden religiously—his mother feared it was an obsession;
[he was perhaps less of a son or a sun or a sunflower and more of a boy]
(a boy who preferred dirty hands to a dirty mind).
                                                                                        ...
"(why tend to people? at least my garden is quiet,")
~you can drown a stone, but it'll never sprout

1

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow! This is INCREDIBLE! STUNNING!

ahhhhhhhh anne led me to this and it is a gem

"The boy who could grow anything had strawberries for lips."
    "The boy who could grow anything was like the sun—warm, life-giving, and drawing all into his orbit;
    [he felt most at home when the clouds cried and the wind screamed and the sun was nowhere to be found]"
    "[he was perhaps less of a son or a sun or a sunflower and more of a boy]"
    My gosh, how do you do it? I don't understand the utter glory of your work.