Dmoral

♕
est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

pulled this from the past, hope u still like it !~

When you connect all the constellations, do you see the love(s) he had?

10
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Perhaps the world wasn't meant for such an incredible love story, that would soon be legendary. It's this thought that makes me better understand how we're so connected to the stars and fascinated about the galaxy-it's the only thing close to big enough to embrace our love. To embrace us.
How I wonder what you are.
Locking our hands together, I placed my head on his shoulder as we laid across the grass. His other arm was wrapped around me as he whispered little love confessions I've heard before but still gave me goosebumps.
Up above the world so high
The words seemed to take shape in the sky, each star connecting to the other. Smiling, I turned over so I was facing him.
"Adam," I said, interrupting his description of my eye color: tree leaf green in the middle of summer. His favorite color.
"Yes?" he murmured, shifting so he was staring at the sky now instead of me.
"I think I'm ready."
"To eat?"
"No," I breathed, sitting up. "To leave."
Startled by my sudden change in topic, and shocked by my seriousness, Adam bolted up.
Like a diamond in the sky.
"I'll marry you," he said suddenly. "I'll go to the deepest part of the garden and look for the forgotten diamond. The one from the legends, that's truly a fallen star."
"Adam, please-"
"I'll just need a little time, maybe three days. But once I get it, we can have our ceremony the day after, and-"
"Stop!" I shout, irritated at his lack of care. "Marrying me won't stop me from wanting to leave. I've thought about this for awhile."
"Recently?" He asked, obviously remembering our argument about the idea of leaving several nights ago.
"I haven't stopped."
Shaking his head, Adam stalked over to the tree, and pounded his fist in it. I could hear him mutter and spit but not what he was saying. Yet in a sense, I didn't care. He couldn't stop me, not this time. Not even by promising me the stars.
Twinkle twinkle little star.
Following his lead, I walked over to the tree, but instead of hitting it, I leaned against it.
"Please don't," Adam groaned, "I love it here, you love it here. We love it here. Why risk leaving it?"
"Because there has to be more," I sighed, scanning the tree for the first apple. "Besides, who knows? You might not have to leave."
"I couldn't live with myself if you weren't with me."
How I wonder…
"I've loved you all this time, Adam. Come with me if you want, but if you must, stay. I'm sure you'll be granted another love. Perhaps you two won't be so hip to hip."
"Please Eve," Adam begged. "You don't understand, you're my star. I need you."
"I'm sorry."
...what you are
Grabbing an apple from the tree, I bit hard into the fruit, causing juice to drop down my chin.
Perhaps if the world could see
Everything went black.
How these stars, came to be
Eve's lifeless body fell to the ground, Adam dashing to catch her.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Crying, Adam clutch her against his chest.
"I really tried to stop her," he sobbed, shaking. "I loved her most."
How I wonder who you are
Slowly, a sparked emerged from her body, where her heart was, and began racing up toward the night sky.
Twinkle Twinkle little star 
Also, if I have to pick 1 category I chose tragedy, but this is really a romantic tragedy.

• August 16, 2020 - 10:16pm (Now Viewing)

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

that was - wow. i have no words.

<3 I don't have words to give this the praise it deserves but it is stunning.

• ek503

wahhh this was beautiful (and so stunningly tragic). beautiful imagery, beautiful diction, beautiful story, the whole package :)

oK I DID NOT PREDICT THAT ATTACK EXCUSE ME HOW DARE YOU but seriously i love how you took adam and eve and placed them into a story like this. and twinkle twinkle little star HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME. the imagery was so clear and vivid. it was like the fresh air of eden drifted past my nostrils. the sound eve's body made when it hit the ground.... whoa, your writing is just so perfectly clear. it's so easy to visualize.

hgsjdgH ahhh doomed love stories and retelling classics
    who doesn't love them? wonderfully done!

• inanutshell

oooh judging by the comment below this piece is old, but I'm glad you brought it back! love this concept, took me a while to get that this was adam & eve/the apple story, but when i did i was so invested! love how you've incorporated the lyrics of the song into the flow of the story and into the stars theme of this tragedy.

• Juliana

Wow, I did NOT see that coming. Great job! This was so creative.