Unnamed

Lovegood_24

I love acting, creative writing, listening to music, and pretending I can draw.

Everyone should read this piece by the ever talented A Breath Into Silence:
https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/99816/version/189825

Thanks I really appreciate it!

Opportunity To Help A Fellow Writer And Get A Review

9
Hiii!!!! So I have what I think is an awesome idea for a story, but I'm missing one important element and nothing is coming to me that seems right. So I was wondering if you all could answer these two questions:

What do you know for sure you could live without?
What do you know for sure you couldn't live without?

I'm looking for semi-deep answers by that I mean something other than "I can live without spinach and I can't live without my phone", etc.

Anyone who answers can ask for one piece of theirs to be reviewed and I'll be leaving this up until July 5.

Thanks in advance!

Also if you haven't already check out my first contest with more opportunities to get reviews! The latest I'll be taking submissions is July 1st.
Pretty Cool Contest If I Do Say So Myself

• July 3, 2019 - 6:56am (Now Viewing)

• Lovegood_24

Awesome thanks everyone!! I can feel the wheels turning in my brain for the missing things that I think (fingers crossed) will help my story

• sisyphean

I could live without my Bipolar, but well. That's that. It does give me more initiative to really listen to myself and take care of myself. It also forces me to find my core being -- find the parts of me that don't change during the ups and downs of each mood episode. Still, it would be nice to live life without the unpredictablility and emotional turmoil. I couldn't live without human interaction. (If you have time, would love for you to review my poem Calypso Blue! Thx)

I could live without falling in love every five seconds with random guys who don't notice me (like that groomsman at my sister's wedding, or my beta-reading partner from Twitter). Imagine how much simpler my life would be without those handsome dorks causing me heartbreak when they come up a day late and a dollar short!

I couldn't live without smiling. That would probably kill me, even if my smile isn't pretty :)

Review unnecessary, good luck with your story! :D

• Kenny

Btw it would be nice if you could review a piece, but please don't feel obligated to do so. Judging by the comment section, you're probably swamped with work. Good luck w your story:)

• Kenny

I could live without being so angry and sad all the time. It stresses me out and makes me overthink and isn't good for my mental health. But that anger drives me, and like, I'm so tired of being angry all the time, so tired of getting out of bed in the morning and being angry, but if I wasn't angry then I wouldn't get out of bed at all, and I'm not sure which one is worse.

• V-Rose

Hey, could you review any one of my pieces? Thanks

• Araw

I could totally live without school. Like not school itself, like I know that having an education is really important. Just the whole experience of it. I hate the stress, the expectations people put on me, and the toxic culture that often comes with putting a bunch of somewhat self-absorbed, angry teens who are all enduring some sort of identity crisis. It's no one person's fault, but I could live without it. I don't think I could survive without my books. To be honest, I learn everything I know from reading. I don't study ahead in any class because I get all I need from prior reading. I take interest in most of my hobbies because I read about them somewhere before. I also just generally enjoy them. Without books, I'd probably be nothing as a person. If you want to review a piece for the response, then just choose any of mine that you want. Good luck with this new story of yours.

• Lovegood_24

Thanks for your response! @horsiegirl

• horsiegirl

I could definitely live without anxiety, but I also feel like doing such would be a problem. On one hand, my anxiety is incredibly bothersome, and it makes it impossible to have fun sometimes. I spend every shower running over every conversation I've ever had and how it could've made that person hate me. Parties are incredibly stressful, and my very short walk from my bus to classroom in the mornings is a game of how long can I pretend I'm on my phone and make it look realistic to the people around me?
    On the other hand, however, without my anxiety, I would be even more reckless than I already am. I would have no sense of self-control, and I would actually have reason to worry about the way I behave around others. So maybe anxiety is something that I need to live with, but I would love to without this heightened version of it.

• Lovegood_24

@V-Rose
    Wow, that’s very inspiring thanks!

• V-Rose

I could live without working and everyone having to fight for what they want. If the world were truly fair, everyone would help others not to further themselves but because someone needs help. I couldn't live without stories. Stories have long been something to keep us going. They inspire, they teach, they let you travel the world when you can't do it on your own. Books and scary stories at sleepovers are stories. Songs and dance are stories. Pictures and tiny wrinkles are stories. Scars are stories. Each hand, heart, and soul has a story that is as vital to survival as your brain.

• Lovegood_24

@Janna Brown
    Thanks very much!

• Janna Brown

I know for a fact that I could not live without nature, if the whole world was a city or if we lived in a "Lorax" society, I just wouldn't be able to survive. To me nature is life and happiness and a world without that, would be horrible. I could however live without many things, I think at the top of that list would be that I could live without a cell phone, I just don't find them very essential to life :p I'd be happy if you'd review any of pieces, you can just surprise me, choose the one that you like best :)

• Lovegood_24

@A Breath Into Silence
    Thanks!

• Lovegood_24

@weirdo
    Cool beans

• A Breath Into Silence

I'm incredibly introverted, so I always spend a lot of time by myself just trying to recharge. Over the years, I've come to realize that without face-to-face human contact I'd be.... really sad, honestly. I may not like big groups, but the people I do meet and become friends with have changed my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. So, I couldn't live without human contact.

I could live, quite easily, with less stuff. I want a tiny apartment and a couple pieces of furniture, and some bookshelves. Notebooks, some pens, tea, and hot chocolate.

'Fynn and Loki' is part of a larger book I'm currently writing, so any reviews on that would be amazing. Good luck with your book! I hope it turns out great, and that you figure out what's missing :)

• weirdo

Haha. Welp, what a coincidence. Ummm, I don't think I need a review on any other piece. So, you can just The Land of Lost Things--Part Three. Besides, by the looks of it, you're gonna have a lot of reviews to write

• Lovegood_24

@Boogie With Stu the genre is dystopian

• Lovegood_24

@Juliana, timtam.9, Boogie With Stu, RainAndSonder, and Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill,
    thanks for your responses!

• ajamwal

Oh, thankyou @Lovegood_24 you are the best!! You can review any, but preferably "Incognito," but I want you to review what you think is my best piece!!

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

can you review "Of Ash And Elm"? (If you feel like I provided somewhat valuable advice...)

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

I can live without a soul.
    Having one is harder

also you can review any of my pieces you'd like :) thanks for doing this!

this is going to sound weird but i could live without the need to eat food. i have this thing where the whole process of eating sometimes just really grosses me out, and because of this i can be a picky eater. like, even if it's a food i like, one day it'll just seem disgusting to me and i can't eat it. so there are some foods i love but all in all i think i could live without the need to eat food. probably sleep too, because i have a complicated relationship with sleep.
    i could not live without music. i know, it's weird that i'm fine with getting rid of food, but music is one of the things that makes me happiest and i can't imagine being without it.

• Boogie With Stu

Could you review War Over Cairaduen, Orin's Journey, Chapter 1 Pursued :)

• Boogie With Stu

I guess there's a lot of things I could live without, but I can't think of anything specific. I'll let you know if do think of something. I couldn't live without friends, like I'd have to have someone there, you know, just someone to talk to. (I hope that was helpful) What What genre is this book? it all depends on what sort of thing your going for. I would absolutely love to read it:) <3 <3

• timtam.9

I can live without negativity, but, ironically, I can’t live without balance. I know that everything in society, in the universe, has or needs a balance to it. I need that because it helps me feel like something is controlled in this universe. But on the other, I know when there is peace, there is first war. Which contradicts that I naively hope we will one day live without war. Unfortunately war is a constant and humans like destroying just as much as they love building. But i think I’d rather have an argument than a fight. Id rather have a simple disagreement than life long hate. Negative feelings will persist, that’s the balance of it all, but I want the way they are expressed to change. I can live without all this toxic hate being spewed out. And I can’t live without having a balance between feelings and thoughts.

Sorry that was so long. If I do manage to help you, I don’t mind what piece gets reviewed, just don’t do any of the ones that have already been reviewed.

• Juliana

This is actually a really easy answer for me. I can live without everything and I can’t live without God. I don’t NEED anything besides God. With God, all things are possible. Philippians 4:13 is less about what I can accomplish and more about what I can endure. It doesn’t matter what is happening around me because at the end of the day, I am in control of myself. No one can force me to do wrong or right. I’m actually getting ready to publish a piece about Philippians 4:13. I hope this helps.
    I would love if you could review one of my novel chapters?

• Lovegood_24

@ajamwal
    Your second set of responses is very thought provoking. Thank you.

• Lovegood_24

@onceupononline
    Your answer to what you could live without has really struck me. Thanks for your responses!

• Lovegood_24

@ajamal
    I'm reviewing everyone who helps me with this!

• onceupononline

I don't mind which piece you'd like to review - whichever catches your eye

• onceupononline

I know that I couldn't live without my mind. I would hate to get amnesia or dementia or something that stops me from being me.
    I could live without my hearing - going deaf would suck but I think I could do it because I would still be able to see - and I want to watch the world grow.

• ajamwal

Here is another one, but it does not really relate to me so the character or what you wanted can say, "I can live without power, but I cannot live without a guide." How does that sound? Hope you like it. How will I be informed if you chose to review me? Can't wait to read your story!!

• Lovegood_24

Thanks @ajamal
    You can choose what you would like to have reviewed! If you don't have a specific one, I'll just pick something after July 5.

• Lovegood_24

Thanks @Weirdo
    I actually just started a review for the piece you want to be reviewed, so if you would like to have another piece reviewed you can, if not I'll just review Land of Lost Things Part 3.
    The idea I have is a dystopian type story but I want to incorporate something in it so that the reader is left with a better appreciation for life and maybe even a better understanding or something like that. I haven't fully mapped it out yet as the idea just came to me and I wanted to start writing but then realized that I needed some help.

• ajamwal

I was about to ask you, if there is anyway I can get a review :D I am really excited to see your story!! Hope I helped!!

• ajamwal

Oooh!! I really need a review!! Hmm...let me think... I can live without hate and negativity, I cannot live without my family. I do not know, does the thing have to be true. I have one, but I do not really think it works for me, it is realistic though.

• weirdo

Ok ummmm
    I could live without my excessive amount of valuables
    I could not live without my friends (cliche but true)
    May I ask, what is this story idea you have?
    I would love a review on the third part of my first multiple part story titled "The Land of Lost Things--Part Three"