rainandsonder

"the audience is only safe when the story isn't about them."

they/them - probably listening to sufjan stevens

an important piece by outoftheblue- https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

black lives matter & pride is over but the fight for lgbt+ rights is year round.

bio quote is from the magnus archives

i've been standing with a doomsday sign so long, i have to be right eventually (revised)

5
it's absurdist, it's abstract, it's the end of the world and the sun in my eyes like sweet, bleeding papaya:
it's the way the sea grasps loose bolts with clenched claws and pulls them to a sickly salt demise,
or how a stomach shrivels, veins pop, how chronically loose fingers drag cobweb hair from a rough scalp,
and stapled houses with praying roofs collide, and it's the end of the world all over again;
hollowed eye sockets and sizzling power sockets/spitting winds and spitting cats/cakes and dirt-caked skin,
slipping freuds with botox smiles who spit on the floor to clean it, and abandoned
cardboard doomsday signs; armageddon's followers (and to think, they were right this time,) but 
now their sharpie-stained fingertips hang lifelessly in impoverished dirt, flies circling in necklace
chains around eggshell-white throats. and the half-poets paint the pining streets, and
it's "the huddled masses yearning to breathe free" just like before.
well, i'm not even half a poet but i know
the end of the world, and it has a
bleeding papaya sun and a sea with clenched
salt claws. it's an endless, retching cycle
and breathless prayers in funeral clothes,
and (again) it's the end
the end the end
the end the
end the
end.

the prompt for this one was that the first line has to have twenty words, the second line has to have nineteen words, and so on until the last line only has one word. this was just a quick revision, so i'm still not wholly satisfied with this piece, but hopefully it's a little better than it was before. if you spot anything you think could be improved, please tell me! and if you enjoyed, please drop a comment/review!

• hi i'm jackson ;)

WHOAH
    that got stuck in my soul

• AbigailSauble

Unique descriptions! Yes, this piece is a bit rough, but the format you wrote it in is awe-inspiring nonetheless. =)
    Keep on!

• Dmoral

My favorite line: "it's the way the sea grasps loose bolts with clenched claws and pulls them to a sickly salt demise"
    This piece is amazing and I love how vivid and intense the descriptions are. There's so much raw power in this piece. And the repetition is done beautifully. Amazing work!!