-writinginhopesofsomeday-

hey, i'm Jo.
(don't own pic)
i love so many things,
forest colors
navy blue
writing
music
sisters
sun yellow
caramel and vanilla in my coffee
chocolate covered berries
feeling pretty
wanting to find the right guy

love you guys...

Thank you for reading and check out Juliana's contest #nurseryrhymecontest!
Feedback is appreciated:)

London is Falling #nurseryrhymecontest

5
    It rains in the streets, on the cobblestone bricks; the city never sleeps. A church-tower chimes for twelve, and a train rolls in. On the residential block, a young apprentice takes a message to his master. He won't be happy to know the boy has been called away. 
    On the way to the building, he admires the night ships pulling out of the harbor. They are mad, some people say, to continue in these storms. And rightfully so. It has rained for seven days, and many children have not slept since the thunder first made an appearance like a balancing act on the edge of disaster. 
    The boy isn't scared of noises, nor the dark: he's the man of the house now, while his father is away at war. A gold pin taps on his chest, next to the letter he has yet to send. And as he gets to his master's doorway, sirens begin to sound. The rains are not enough, apparently, to stamp a fire out. His master comes to the doorway where the boy stands, and they watch together, the impossible at hand. 
    London is collapsing! The shouts are clear, though no one seems to know how the wood lit so quickly. The boy and man marvel, the letter all but forgotten, a tragedy that trumps something so small and unimportant next to the bridge that falls to the water below. 
    Later, they will send a man away, who somehow struck a match in the corner, and started all the flames. And maybe, one day, they'll try something better, until that too will end up with its brother.
    The master and his boy stand together near the harbor, while one thinks in awe, and the other, in horror. 
If you cannot tell this is a tragedy written about the nursery rhyme, London Bridge is Falling Down, and it's for Juliana's #nurseryrhymecontest! This was so fun to write.
I hope you enjoy and my offer stands that if you would like a review on one of your pieces, feel free to comment at any time and I will get to it:)
Thanks so much!

• Juliana

Results are out!

• Inspiry

Oh- wonderful job! The imagery here is so vivid. :)

• -writinginhopesofsomeday-

Thanks so much y'all!

• horsiegirl

I'm a big fan of this piece! I think this was a good nursery rhyme to pick with your style of writing, and the fact that you picked a more obscure rhyme is also admirable. Keep up the good work!

• Juliana

I’ve never heard of this rhyme before, so it was really fun for me to reread your story after reading the rhyme. Great job!