Img 2462

HermioneGranger67

That no life lives for ever;
That dead men rise up never;
That even the weariest river
Winds somewhere safe to see
-from The Garden of Prosperine by Algernon Charles Swinburne

Hi! I’m an aspiring writer from the US. I love wolves, baking, and Harry Potter.

Prisoner 3372914

He flourished on a signature capability of being able to know when someone was telling the truth, and when someone was lying. And it was this capability that brought him to be in the Logerton police station on a chilly winter’s eve.
”Name.” Asked the police officer at the front desk.
”Collin Traöner."
”Date of birth.” 
“September 17, 1936.”
“You are cleared for entry.”
Collin stood up on shaky legs, and walked into the titanium room that held the worst criminal that had ever existed. The prisoner- Prisoner 3372914- had matted blonde hair that hung around her face in tangles and knots. Her orange jumpsuit complemented her blue eyes perfectly, and had she not been wearing an expression like something foul smelling was under her nose, she would’ve been quite pretty.
Collin sat down uncomfortably in a chair right in front of the prisoner, his eyes darting to the eight SWAT officers that guarded the doorways. The elderly police chief stepped in front of Collin.
”Emily Cazirilla, the most infamous criminal there is,” He said. “Do you know why you are here?”
”I assume it’s not because I was late turning in my tax forms.” Emily’s voice was low and gravelly, and she said this with a trace of a smile on her lips.
”I am not here to play games with you!” The police chief yelled, slamming his fist on the metal table in front of them. “You murdered people. What do you have to say for yourself?”
”I feel no remorse.”
The police chief turned to Collin. Collin nodded.
”Truth.”
The police chief growled and turned back to the prisoner.
”Did you have any accomplices?”
At this, Emily let out a low, evil chuckle.
”Yes.”
Collin squirmed uncomfortably under Emily’s cold gaze. “Truth.”
The police chief stared at Emily with out blinking. “And who are they?”
Emily didn’t respond, but her lips curved into a sinister smile.
”Answer me!” The police chief roared, spittle flying from his mouth.
”Are you sure you really want me to answer that question?” Emily drawled, her handcuffs rattling on the table.
”Answer me!”
”Well then, I’ll tell you...”
”NOW!”
”My accomplice was Collin Traöner.”
Every head turned to Collin. His mouth hung open and his eyes were wide with disbelief.
”I- tr-truth.”