Cgugrgwuaaa0f6x

Stewart Worthington

I write when I find the time - and sometimes when I don't have any at all.

I'd love any comments or advice and thank you for taking the time to read this!

Gone After I Left

PROMPT: Time Traveler

0
I don't wish to see the beginning of the world or anything between then and now. I only wish to see the day that I left, to see all my mistakes. Your hair was pushed back into a slick ponytail and I didn't know that you looked so beautiful when it was out and draped across your shoulders. Your eyes were a beautiful blue and I didn't know that I loved to stare at them as we spoke. Your mouth stayed straight and I didn't know about the smile that was everything to me. Your voice spoke a soothing tone and I didn't know that I yearned to hear it at times of doubt.You dabbed the tears that rolled down your cheek as the train began to transport us to the battlefield and I didn't know that I wanted you to wave and tell me that you loved me. You faded in the distance as I moved forward to death that I thought awaited me and I didn't know that you had one much closer to your doorstep. You stayed there waiting for me to return as I thought you would and I didn't know that you weren't strong enough to. You grew weaker as gunshots fired and I didn't know that I should have been fighting with you and not for a nation. You faded away then like you did the day I last saw you and I didn't know that I should have held you for a thousand times longer than I did. And you were the best thing that ever happened to me and I didn't know that till now, now that you're gone. So I wish to go back to a time when I didn't know that you would go. 

2