Snapchat 4018722496762082113

Erinn Luna

I'm an aspiring writing that has hopes that one day she'll get something published, even though I have yet to decide am actually plot (I have several half formed ones floating through my mind as notebooks).

My Fear? Love

PROMPT: All Talk

0
"Why are you so afraid of me?"

"I am not afraid of you."

"Then what are you afraid of?"

"Love."

"Love? How can you be afraid of love?

"I wouldn't expect you to understand."

"Why don't you try anyways? I might surprise you."

"No."

"Please?"

"Fine. When you watch every relationship around you collapse, you begin to lose faith in what you always thought love was. When your parents marriage ends in a nasty divorce, you begin to forget how long it is supposed to last. When all of your brother's relationships fail within a month, you begin to doubt that it's even real. But, when you try to comfort your best friend that just lost her boyfriend of four years in a car accident? That is when you truly begin to fear love and the pain that accompanies it."

"But you still believe that it can be real?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because, I look at you as I feel butterflies in my stomach. When you touch my hand, I feel safer than anywhere else. When I see your name on my phone, I can't help but smile brighter than I was before. And, when I talk to you about anything, it's easier than talking to my best friend."

"Then why are you still afraid?"

"I'm afraid of the day when I will lose you or you leave me or I look at you and feel nothing anymore. When I will look at you without a gleam in my eyes. I'm just as terrified of not feeling as I am of the pain.

1