2e8d36e86eaa520b97e301f70bd50a77

hmkeselman

beyond high strung, but combat boots and stars in my eyes.
gryffindor. hella anxious/hella sarcastic.

run parallel

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

0
There is this theory called the Parallel Universe Theory. It states that there are an infitite number of universes that run parallele to ours, where every choice you have made plays out slightly differently. I like to think about this in the moments where I am kicking myself for missing a question on a test, or say the wrong thing, or mess up a dance step. But my deepest secret is that I could not be happier to be in the universe, in this moment between nowhere and nothing. Because this universe is where you are. You do not know me, but I know you. You walk the halls like I do, avoiding eye contact with people you kind of know but not really. You talk faster than you think, spreading words and stories like fire. I do the same. I look back at my collection of memories, a rough scrapbook of my fifteen years in this universe, and I realize that I know you because I am you. How lucky we are that we found a common ground among an infinitesimal amount possibilites. So when I complain about homework, or share that photo, or make that small choice, I know that I am not alone. You have made the choice as well. And that is why we inhabit the same parallel plane. 

• June 14, 2019 - 10:07am (Now Viewing)