Wildfire127

'Savages'

3
I am going to start this by talking about Disney, which might seem a bit strange considering the topic. But with Disney we all have a favourite character, and they are usually the main, funny, protagonist characters and are rarely the villains. And it's very clear who the villains are for example Scar is the villain in the lion king, Jafar in Aladdin, Ursula in the Little Mermaid and so on. We all know them and can easily distinguish between the good and the bad characters. 
So if I give you one Disney film as an example, Pocahontas. Pocahontas is a film where some  English Voyagers go to a place in North America-where a North American tribe lived- in hope of finding gold to become wealthy. Things carry on and one of the English men ends up killing one of the tribes men and the people of the tribe kidnap one of the English men. This is where the two teams of people plan to kill each other. And that is when a particular song called 'Savages' is sang. 
The English men use quotes like: 
'Their skin's a hellish red, they're only good when dead' 
'Barely even human' 
'They're not like you and me, which means they must be evil'

And through out the song they repeatedly call each other Savages. 
And clearly in this song we know that the people saying the words 'savages' are the bad ones. So why do we listen to those messages today?
'Destroy their evil race until there's not a trace left'
So many words in the media today, involving prejudice towards so many people mainly towards people's race. A big figure in today's world of politics is Donald Trump, with his plans to build a wall to keep people out of 'his' land which doesn't belong to him at all. And people are believing these awful, mostly untrue words. So, why in films like 'Pocahontas' are the racist comments said by the villains, and in the real world they are said by 'heroes'. 
Why, even as children can we recognize the villains, but as adults people can't seem to see the difference between good and bad?