Cebp901

I'm 14, emo, aspiring theatre performer and wanna be politician. Yikessss

Trump tries to exclude the Trans community yet again.

3
For the past two years , Donald Trump has not recognised June as 'Pride month'. This year, he tweeted " As we celebrate LGBT pride month and recognise the outstanding contributions LGBT people have made to our great nation... " . At first, upon reading his lengthy tweet, I had decided that I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Trump' s efforts no matter how annoyed I was that he forgot the 'Q+' off LGBT. Then I was hit by a hard realisation. As we speak , he is devising laws that exclude trans people from our vibrant and accepting community. Some of these laws include: Stopping Trans people from joining the US military, allowing medical staff to refuse service to trans people amongst others. This, of course, is appalling. I'm not sure if Mr. Trump is aware of the significance of Trans folk in his very own country that have made equal rights possible. As I said before, I was pleasantly surprised, but then I remembered. And then I got rather angry and tweeted him saying some harsh words out of pure frustration. Although I am not trans, I do respect all trans people and feel like Trump's tweet was almost a political play. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't care about our community and probably begrudgingly wrote that tweet. He , of course , is a misogynist and I'm still curious as to why he believes that he is doing 'a good job'.

1

• r|A|i|N

i agree with you, although, to be fair, most politicians forget the “q+”. obama did.