Wtw

Wicked!

"Or maybe we'll build our homes somewhere inside of ourselves, to carry with us wherever we go..."

Daydreamer. Bibliophile. Fangirl—my mind's always lost at Hogwarts, Wakanda, or 221B Baker St, though I like to keep my distance from the Districts.

Hey, I'm Wicked!, though I won't ever wipe out people's memories and get them to solve a friggin' Maze.

I'd LOVE it if you'd share your comments or views about my work. I don't mind harsh criticism at all, so say (more like write) it all out!

The First

7
“This view is just amazing,” she says, peering out of a viewing aperture.

I go and stand next to her. The sight is certainly stunning. The galaxy looks splendid when you see it with your own eyes.

“It’s beautiful. But not more than my girl,” I say.

She laughs and gives me a peck.

“I can’t believe that we were the only volunteers for this. Would you ever get to see this on Earth, with that stay-within-the-designated-limits-or-you’ll-die-of-radiation crap?” she says.

“Not everyone’s that dauntless, you know.”

“Well, I’m glad that you aren’t one of those pussies”, she says, wrapping her arms around me, "Or I’d never have met you”.

“So. Tomorrow’s the day. You’ll become the first person to actually step out of our Galaxy.”

“Yeah. I’m so excited, I think I might forget to collect the samples when I get out there”, she giggles.

“You’d better go and sleep now. You need the rest. I need to do some more tinkering with the controls.”

“Okay, then.Good night.”

She kisses me and goes off.

*****

After I’m sure that she has slept, I reach out behind her pod, pull out the wires that I’ve already marked, and go to my own pod to sleep.

In a few minutes, she’ll die of asphyxia.

Tomorrow, I’ll become the first person to step out of our Galaxy.

They had thought that I wasn’t good enough for the job. They had thought that I’d better be a backup, in case anything goes wrong.

Well, now it will. The astronaut they thought was impeccable will die because she didn’t set the oxygen gauge correctly—or so they’ll think when I’m done—and I’ll have to do her job instead.

2

• Wicked!

@Juliana thank you :)

• Juliana

Wow, great ending!

• Wicked!

@bride124 I did, in fact, take part in that contest, though my entry was another piece that I REALLY needed a review for.

• bride124

I feel that you should check this out: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/114689/version/218670

• Wicked!

Thank you @Lovegood_24!

• Lovegood_24

Echoing Pooja M., I love the plot twist!

• Wicked!

Thank you so much, Pooja!

• Pooja M.

i love this so much! the unexpected plot twist caught me so off guard! wow.