Img 6565

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Wordsmith
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ
Aquaphobe
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars." ~ Martin Luther King Jr

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Into A Silent World

2
I thought I was drowning.
   At least, it felt like it. All sounds were muted, like I was listening to the world through a brick wall.
   The warm breeze scampered across my face, drawing my hair into its merry dance. But I could hear the birds no more.
   Their bright images entered my mind, but their cheerful songs were dead to me.
   Tears stung my eyes; the hot sun dried them up.
Slowly through my childhood I had been losing my hearing. The day - this day - I would lose it completely was unavoidable. There was nothing the doctors could do. In preparation, I learned how to read lips. All the while daring to hope that I would never have to use it.
   But Fate had different plans.
And so, at the age of eighteen, I was pronounced officially, legally deaf.
   I was handicapped. I felt less than who I was. How could I enjoy life without the one thing I treasured most?
   Despite the inevitable, at 5-years-old I began taking piano lessons. As the years went by and my love for it grew, my mom urged me to take up something else.
   I suspect she feared a broken heart down the road.
She couldn't have been more right.
   A lump had planted itself in my throat at the doctor's office and had stubbornly stayed. I wanted the world to know how angry I was. But the tears refused to fall. Instead, they clung to my eyelashes like baby birds to their nest.
   At home, I hid away from everything in the place I loved the most. The scent of daisies drifted around me, sunrays soaked into my exposed skin, and the wind brushed the tears from my eyes.
   But the world was silent.
   There was no rustle of grass, or chorus of frogs at the pond, or bark from the neighbors' Dachshund.
   There was just me, grief-stricken in the silent world I'd been unwillingly thrust into.

1