Livelovecats

* 15 years old *
* Human *
* Cat lover *
* Writer *
* Reader *

" We don't meet people by accident. Everyone is meant to cross our paths for a reason."

Have you crossed paths with me? It must be fate!!

Race For The Kingdom (Part 8)

0
The next few days crawled by slowly, stocked full of preparations for the coronation and wedding. I tried my best to avoid Nathan, but he countered my attempts. Agreeing to marry him was the worst mistake of my life.

I still wish I could marry Jacob, although I had a feeling he didn’t want to marry me and for a lady to marry a stablehand would be dishonorable. Also, if Nathan kept his vow that he would have me marry some old noble instead, maybe from another country.

So really I didn’t have any choice and couldn’t back out now. The night before the coronation I got ready as fast as possible for bed, and got in before Nathan. I couldn’t fall asleep though.

When he came in ten minutes later and crawled into the bed next to me I pretended to be asleep, but he knew that I was faking it. “Good night, Princess. Tomorrow I won’t be able to call you that anymore,” he told me. I didn’t know if he knew that I was awake or not. Then he brushed his hand down my face and softly kissed my forehead. Darn it. I would have to kiss him tomorrow in front of thousands of people.

The End

The second book will be coming soon.