Silver Pen

Christian/LOVE Jesus/she/her/big family/scifi/fantasy/Minnesotan/good books/beautiful words/wit/Halo/notebooks and pens/old book smell/coffee/ royalty/honor/love

I came here to love, learn, laugh, and hone my skills.
I hope to return the favor to my fellow Write the Worldarians.
The pen is mightier than the sword -- especially if it's launched from an elastic band. ~Me and my awesome sister Éowyn

I Love My Sister

1
    My sister is what is usually called special.  Now, I know what you're going to say: "Everyone's special, Dash."  Well, you're right.  Each on of us is our own special blend of special.  That's not the point right now, though; the point is that my sister is special.  A Hispanic or Asian might call her tall.  I wouldn't; my dad is 6 foot 3.  I do call her...elegant.  She's got this grace,  this poise, this indescribably beautiful face.  She loves kids, and they love her back.  Aaand...
    She's an artist.
    Pencil, paint, ink, paper, charcoal, shading, form, outline, color, composition, you name it.  She often draws things straight from her imagination -- no models.  Her portraits of fictional characters?  Unnervingly accurate.  Portrait of our baby brother?  Downright cute, just like him.  She does with lines what I do with words and what Beethoven did with musical notes.  Art.
    One evening, she got out her acrylics and painted some mountains.  Did she have a model?  No.  Did she have a photograph from the Internet?  No.  Did she have an easel?  No.  Did she have a table?  No.  She was using our bedroom floor as a work surface.  Why?  Well, it was after curfew.  That's why.  I think.  She doesn't talk much somtimes.  You have to admire that kind of determination, though.
    How do I feel about all this?  Well, I don't know how she does it, and I'm not sure that it matters.  What does matter is that I keep working out in case some scuzzbucket decides to pull anything funny.  And get a permit to carry.  That oughta do it.

• August 22, 2019 - 9:12pm (Now Viewing)