0. they didn't give us any warning. were they supposed to? All I know is that it's dark where I am. Dark, and cold. Silent. I've never been anywhere so empty.
1. I thought I saw a light, but it was only an illusion. There is no light. I'm starting to wonder if there is such thing? Am I only imagining how the spring sun drew daisies from the frozen ground? Is there anything else but this cursed, eternal dark?
2. I think it has been two days, though I have no way of knowing. It couldn't have been more than four, surely, for I am not yet dying of thirst.
3. I am very afraid. I am grasping at the edge, holding on to memories, but I cannot imagine a world outside this prison.
4. Here there is not only darkness; here too is insanity. I'm afraid I have found it.
5. My mother took me to the river as a child.
6. She used to let me wade into the cool water, chubby toddler legs disturbing the muddy depths.
7. If I waded too far in, she would call me back.
8."Don't go too far-for you will never find your way back."
9. It's too late now, too far. I've gone too far and now
I think I see a light.