breeann.volk

Please Not A Lot of Online Learning Thank You

0
Some people think online learning is great, but there are some bad sides to it. There are some negative things that online learning can produce as well, just like cheating. I think there shouldn't be as much online learning, because kids could cheat on tests/quizzes and they wouldn't be able to make friends like public schools.
The first reason Online learning shouldn't be allowed is because people cheat and it show them that you don't have to do 100% of the work.”Statistics show that cheating among high school students has risen dramatically during the past 50 years,” (bullet point number 2 AD council) Like they said, high schoolers are cheating more often now. This statement proves that students feel like the tests are to hard and that students feel like they have to cheat. This really matters because students can do worse on tests by getting zeros rather than trying themselves.So in conclusion high schooolers cheat more often now.
Now the second reason that there shouldn't be online learning, people are starting to think that grades are more important than the actual learning. If students think this then they are for sure going to do whatever they can to get their grades up and not care if they learn anything. “ Grades, rather than education, have become the major focus of many students.” ( bullet point 6 AD council) Like they said in the AD council, people will do anything for their grades because they get rewarded if they do good on their grades. So now that we know that high schoolers can get cars and be able to drive is they have good grades. Not just those but other things at home that are good.
    The third and last reason there shouldn't be online learning is that over 50% of students admitted to cheating and and  this survey states 24,000 students at 70 high schools, 59% of high school students admitted cheating on a test during the last year.  34% self-reported doing it more than two times. One out of three high school students admitted that they used the Internet to plagiarize an assignment
Even though there are students who are bad and want to get their grade up and get the privileges they want so they cheat. There are also students that are good and study for tests and does the work for homework. So some people think they need to earn those privileges and actually do the work.
Yes some people think students are good and don't cheat and there are some kids who don't cheat. “In a survey of 24,000 students at 70 high schools, Donald McCabe (Rutgers University) found that 64 percent of students admitted to cheating on a test, 58 percent admitted to plagiarism and 95 percent said they participated in some form of cheating, whether it was on a test, plagiarism or copying homework.” As it says in the first bullet point.
So now that you know why I think we shouldn't have online learning. I think we shouldn't because kids do cheat a lot, they cheat with the internet and from other kids. If we have schools online then it would be easier because teachers can't see them while they are doing their work. I also think it is a bad idea because students don't usually make friends on the internet.

Bibliography
“Cheating Fact Sheet - RESEARCH CENTER - Cheating Is A Personal Foul.” Cheating Fact Sheet - RESEARCH CENTER - Cheating Is A Personal Foul. Web. 18 Nov. 2015. <http://www.glass-castle.com/clients/www-nocheating-org/adcouncil/research/cheatingfactsheet.html>
“Facts &Amp; Stats.” Plagiarism.org. Web. 18 Nov. 2015. <http://www.plagiarism.org/resources/facts-and-stats/>