Cupo

Grace Mary Potts

My life is comprised of inconsistencies, daydreaming, procrastination techniques and occasionally, writing.

I wouldn't quite call myself a novice in writing but as there is certainly room for improvement, I would very much appreciate any comment you can provide, particularly if it's the constructive kind.

Coming Home

After I almost chose the wrong platform and staggered my way down the crowded stairs, after the bus arrived suddenly, unexpectedly, and I was forced to hang up my phone, telling my mother I would call her back, after I couldn’t find a seat and instead swung in the aisle to collide with several disgruntled passengers, after I sat down, embarrassed and relieved, and watched the world blur past, anxiously awaiting a cue that I should press the red button to signal to the driver to stop, after I stumbled off of the bus and onto a familiar bus stop and shared a knowing grin with a neighbor as I raced across chaotic traffic, after I trotted down the meandering footpath, the strap of my bag digging into my shoulder with steadily increasing weight, after I came over the crest of the hill and noticed flags on a fence I’d never noticed before, after I realized I didn’t need someone else’s help to do this anymore, after I fished out my TARDIS keys from my bag and stepped onto the driveway, I arrived home, with thirty minutes to spare and an accomplished grin tugging at my cheeks.

2