Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Practice Grad Speech

2
I don’t think many of us like endings.
Especially when it’s as personal as moving away from somewhere we love, or saying a final goodbye to a loved one. But everything in our lives has an end, except for one thing.
And that is the everlasting love of Jesus Christ.
He is the One who ultimately gives us purpose, and a goal. To give Him glory though we fail or succeed, then to stand before Him at the end of our lives, not with a list of our accomplishments, but to say that we believe in His love for us and followed in the footsteps of Jesus with every aspect of our lives. In our work, and in our personal time.
For my fellow graduates and I, this part of our lives, nearly 18 years, is ending, and in some ways we want to run back to the comfort of our past instead of facing an ominous unknown called the future. But what we often forget is that God is in control.
Yes, we should make plans and follow through with our dreams, but we should do so with a firm knowledge of where we have been and what we have learned, all the while listening to God’s direction.
He always has the best in mind for us, no matter what we’re going through, or how many backward steps we take.
So now into the future we confidently step, not blindly, but with hope and anticipation. We don’t know what’s going to happen to us in the next year, or even in the next minute, but we do know that our eternities are in the LORD’s hands. The very best place to be, because He will never fail us.
He has known what we will do, and who we will become even before we were born, and He placed us purposefully into the families that we have. It has all been for a reason. Nothing, not even our mistakes, is meaningless.
So on we persevere, because God has something amazing for us around the next turn.
Second Timothy chapter one, verse 7 says: For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.