Bi

Portugal

I’m trying to increase my writting and decrease my stupidity.

I make a lot of spelling mistakes and I’m trying to create poems that don’t sound like random words put together, so if you have any feedback I would love to hear it!

Lisbon at night

7
Let’s think about it this way: I will sit with you tomorrow as I sat with you before because I believe we are never quite as seated as when we sit at midnight on the floor.

This being said, I sit with you now to see the view. Midnight over Lisbon with you.

I sit with you now, with my fragmented brain scattered throughout the city in hopes you haven’t recognized my pattern of misused attributes in the night sight. But if you have: isn’t Lisbon devastating dear? My brain, this town plunged in midnight lights, this collage of personas refusing sleep to open their lights and whisper me dreams that never meet. Devastatingly cruel, don’t you think? A town of lost potential to remind me of archaic dreams when reason falls asleep.

I sit with you now, but if by any reason there are fireworks in the skies, I may become and astronaut tomorrow and never sit with you again. It is unlikely. New Year’s Eve has come and gone and I’m still measuring my days in glasses of water because I fear dehydration. My lips start to peel.

I sit with you now, but if by any reason there is a blackout, I might melt in the bathtub tomorrow and never sit with you again. Stripped of eletric force, I can see my body following the dirt through the sewage canal. It is unlikely. Power outage is much more than an individualistic concern, it is also a public threat.

I sit with you now, but if by any reason the static normality of instability decides to stay, I might spend all my nights here, sitting with you. Watching the capital buildings, Lisbon in blue, Lisbon in black, Lisbon with you, watch the lights that remind of me and all the people I could never be, and all the people that still live in me, to whisper me things I could, but never will see.

I might just waste my potencial here, sitting with you, dye my entropic brain with the colour of Lisbon’s midnight hue.

• babybluelamentations

i don’t know how i found this, but I’m so gad i did, and i wish i had found your work earlier; this is absolutely divine. The imageryy, god, it’s so heartbreakingly beautiful and the repetition of “I sit with you now” is such a nice literary choice, and makes this whole piece flow brilliantly. The repetition and doubling back to “Lisbon’s midnight blue” also adds so much to the feel and flow of this piece. I don’t know what the exact feeling is that I’m getting from this piece, but it’s like the aesthetic of bevmo champagne and green grapes, and i love it. amazing work <3

• Bi

@aryelee thank you so much!!

• aryelee

your prose is so gorgeous!! i especially loved the lines "A town of lost potential to remind me of archaic dreams when reason falls asleep" and "New Year's Eve has come and gone and I'm still measuring my days in glasses of water because I fear dehydration". i can't wait to read more from you!!