Helping hands

Cues&Contests

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you."
- Maya Angelou

Thanks for checking it out!!! :)

ABOUT Cues&Contests... CALLING ALL WRITERS!!!

16
    Hello one and all, welcome to the introduction to Cues&Contests, an account in which you can get prompts of all types daily and participate in creative contests that will bring out the best in you! If you like to be challenged, to take a small idea and make a whole world with it using the flick of a pen or the tap of a keyboard, this is the place for you. 

This is a new club hosted by another user on WtW, not by admin. Since this is a writing club, please do NOT hesitate to ask questions, to share ideas, all that pizzazz! If you'd like a piece that you've worked on for some time to be reviewed, please ask! If you'd like some feedback on a piece or an idea for a novel you're writing, just send out a comment! 

I want this place to be a community in which you can trust others, you can receive valuable feedback, and you can find a new perspective and grow in your writing.  If you would like that too, somewhere you can participate with other writers and find ideas daily, this is that place. 

Okay, now that the formalities are somewhat complete, here is how you can join:
  • Follow this account (I will also follow you back once everything is complete)
  • Answer the following questions in the comments below (don't worry, it's not a test or anything):
            - Username
            - Genres you like
            - What you hope to gain from this account

This is just so that I know what you would like to accomplish with this account and what type of genres you like to write with the most for prompts and contests and such. 

And it's as simple as that! Just to wrap things up, below are a few guidelines that I hope you will follow. They are NOT rules that you must follow to stay in the club, but I would appreciate it if everyone read below to see what else you can do. 
  • Please respect each other. Be nice. I know that sounds really obvious, but coming from someone who was a very inexperienced writer not long ago, it does help lift people up and improve when others are rooting for them. 
  • Not a necessity, but tell others about this account! The more people on here, the more ideas we can share and fun we can have! 
  • READ THIS ONE, IT'S IMPORTANT! If you do not want to follow this account for whatever reason, that does not mean you cannot use the prompts or participate in the contests. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME to use whatever's on this account, though it is recommended that you become a part of it as well. 

And that's what I have to say. If you have any questions, once again, please do ask. I am excited to get this club started and I hope ya'll are too! 
Peace out, and remember, keep writing and make it happen! :DD

- Cues&Contest ;)

• Huda Ayaz

I'm kind of late..but just found this and think it's great!
    1. huda_ayaz
    2. Fiction-Fantasy, Science Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Historical Fiction, Adventure, Action
    3. I'd like to get some practice for writing and plan on doing so with prompts and get advice for pieces I want to work more on
    Thanks for doing this!

• Red_Rose_Blooming

Hey there!
    1. Red_Rose_Blooming
    2. Poetry, fiction, fantasy, humor, poetry, poetry, poetry (I can't express how much I love poetry)
    3. I'd love to get new writing prompts, contests, receive feedback (and likes!) and meet other passionate writers! :D

• Shadowhuntress

1. Shadowhuntress
    2. My favorite genres are adventure and fantasy but I' also a fan of sci-fi and detective stories.
    3. My main purpose is to use it to write more often and receive feedback.

• parachutes

1) I’m parachutes.
    2) I’m interested in horror, scripting, and sci fi the weirder the better!
    3) I hope to improve my writing.

• mason wong

HI!!
    1- I am Mason Wong
    2- I am interested in historical fiction, and non-fiction.
    3- I hope to gain advice from other writers!!!!

• BlueMoons

Hi! Thank you so much for running this! As for the questions...
    1 — I’m BlueMoons
    2 — I’m interested in most any genre, but a few especial favorites would be fantasy, sci-fi, and adventure
    3 — I hope to gain advice, have fun with prompts, and meet other writers!

• Samina

1)Samina
    2)topics of great importance (like global warming), fantasy, adventure, mystery, crime thriller, sci-fi, humor, op - ed
    3) I would like to get inspired by other wonderful users and would like to get feedback on my writing so as to bring out my best and improve my mistakes.
    Thank you.

• Upsidownpenguin

-upsidownpenguin
    -fantasy and sci-fi
    -hopefully get feedback on my writing, specifically the Unity series, as well as get good prompts for when I hit writer's block.

• weirdo

-weirdo
    -fantasy, poetry, realistic fiction, humor
    -to get feedback on my pieces and get new ideas for my writing from prompts

• Aeon Thanatos

-Aeon Thanatos
    - Any genre, none in particular
    - It sounds like a great community and would help me share or receive any kinds of feedback and gain experience in this.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

- Budding Mae
    - Lots of poetry, some short stories/first chapters (Because I can't ever remember to post the rest XD), and I also enjoy dystopia. :)
    - Giving and receiving feedback!

• r|A|i|N

1. |r|A|i|N|
    2. descriptive/poetry
    3. i may not participate all the time, but it sounds like a fun community in which to take part.

• rosemarywisdom

1. rosemarywisdom
    2. Action/adventure
    3. It sounds fun to do!

• LittleWolf

1) LittleWolf
    2) Mainly short stories, but any genre except for horror (which I can't seem to write)
    3) I hope to just get more experience writing and possibly do some more reviews on writers because that is a shortcoming for me.

• PANDABEAR

1. PANDABEAR
    2. Everything
    3. I hope that I will be able to get positive feedback, but also have a place that people can criticize me and help me grow as a writer.

• AJ - Izzy

1. AJ - Izzy
    2. Fiction, short stories, little reflections, and I'm open to all types :)
    3. I would love to use some of the prompts on here, I think that it's a great idea! Also, contests are awesome, I'm excited to try them out! :DD

• Ryder

Ryder
    Fantasy, romance, fiction- I can write anything but these are my favorites :)
    I would like to have more opinions on my work. I also like to see everyone's interpretations of the prompts. get to know other users better:)

• winterwolf0100

—winterwolf0100

I love to write dystopian, action/adventure, fantasy, and I enjoy writing scenarios of real-life people (most about things I haven’t experienced) and the injustice some people are faced with every day. I hope to expand on my writing and get more reviews on pieces of work I want to continue writing. Thank you!

• Calling4Rain

-Alix Ravyn
    -I absolutely love poetry! I also enjoy writing science fiction, and hopefully I'll post one of my writings on WTW one day.
    -I love being inspired and reading other peoples interpretations of a prompt or idea.

• -writinginhopesofsomeday-

~ -writinginhopesofsomeday-
    ~ fiction in general, adventure, fantasy, sci-fi/dystopian
    ~ contests, help with my (hopefully) novel someday [and time moves on], more fun on this site :)
    A review on the pieces connected to -and time moves on- would be really nice 'cause I'm having trouble sharing it with my peoples around me. Thanks for the awesome opportunity to be connected further to this site!

• Julius Caesar

-Julius Caesar
    -Poetry on various topics
    -Writing advice and a chance to write more

• Harlow

-Harlow
    -Historical fiction, thriller/horror, sci-fi/dystopia
    -Writing advice and friends and diligence in my writing
    Also, Hi!

• CuriosityKilledTheCat

- CuriosityKilledTheCat
    - Mystery, thriller, poetry, adventure, or anything that's really deep and complex.
    - I really want to be more active on this site, so new prompts and contests sound like a really good idea!

• Lovegood_24

-Lovegood_24
    -Fantasy, Poetry, Sci-Fi, Dystopia, (Those are my favorites but I'll read literally anything)
    -Excited to be more inspired to write more often and gain feedback hopefully

• ruzahk

-ruzahk
    - i like to read sci-fi, philosophy, classics. but pretty open!
    - just using this as a place where i can write everyday, and maybe gain feedback.

• KittyTheCheshireCat

-KittyTheCheshireCat
    - fantasy, mystery, poetry, humor, emotion?(anything with strong emotion- love, sadness, anger, etc.)
    I also would love to get some good inspiring prompts and story ideas
    thanks for doing this I think it's a really good idea :)

• Rose, Thorn

Rose Thorn
    Sci - fi, dystopian, fantasy
    I hope to gain feedback and have new insights on writing! <3 Thanks for this account!

• Christy Wisdom

-Christy Wisdom
    -Fantasy, Poetry (if that counts), Adventure ], more Poetry, Humor
    -I guess I would say I hope to gain prompts from this account, so that if I'm ever experiencing writer's block, I can find interesting prompts to possibly work with.