Fg

L.B. Stoltz

I was born into a family where knowledge was valued more than any money, however many of my family members did not quite make it to college. I hope to publish a book so I can pay for my college and be the first person in my family to attend college

I'm a young female author that's is trying to get my footing in the incredibly wide and wonderful world of writing. I relate to the world best with my ever-growing and changing art. I have a group of primarily visual artist, so it's hard to get attention. I only hope that my writing will be able to inspire others and make them just as happy as any painting. I wish to travel for a chunk of my life and eventually settle down.

Life

PROMPT: Bread and Light

1
The thing that nourishes me
The one thing I still have
Is the ability to choose who I will become

Even though I came from squalor
A mixed family of Americans and Immigrants
I am able to choose what I will become

I may be constrained by expectations
but those can be broken with blood sweat and words

My own choices are what gives me life
Will I be average today?
ORĀ 
Will I be better than I was yesterday?

Will I let the color of my skin define me
OR
Will I defy the color of my skin

I am not a storm to be ignored
My choices are what makes the world go round
And I'm about to choose to go off with a bang
I find myself having to make choices every day of my life. In my life, I want to have a legacy hence the "And I'm about to choose to go off with a bang"
even though I'm only half Puerto Rican, after I did a report on the subject, I got shoved even more so into the category, especially when it came to minority sensitive subjects in America so yeah....
anyway
Hope you enjoy!

1