GiovannaC

Women Facing The World

Recently, men known as meninists are taking a stand against feminists. They believe feminism makes women difficult and snobby. People like Roosh V, a pro-rape ‘pickup artist’, have fought against feminism for a while. Feminism is about setting women's rights equal to men's, not being arrogant about rights. Feminists date back to Molly Pitchers in the 1700s. Also Deborah Sampson,who dressed as a man in 1760 so she could fight in battles with the men.
These women fought for equality between all women and men. Lately more people believe they understand feminists completely. Take Donald Trump for example.Many of his debates include topics involving abortion.“I hate the concept of abortion. I cringe when I listen to people debate the subject.”(www.charismanews.com)Many abortions are done because young girls become pregnant after being raped. It should be the girl’s decision whether or not she wants to abort the baby. No female, should be forced to go through a pregnancy at such a young age. Trump, as well as many other conservative republicans,are against abortions and plan to ban them. However, are they who we want making these decisions? Who better to discuss young pregnancies than a bunch of middle-aged men?
Feminism is a major issue in all nations. Many women’s rights are limited throughout the world, like in Pakistan. An example of Pakistan’s way of treating women is Malala Yousafzai.“She became an advocate for girls' education, which resulted in the Taliban issuing a death threat against her. On October 9, 2012, a gunman shot Malala when she was traveling home from school. She survived, and has continued to speak out on the importance of education.” (biography.com)
Malala was nominated for and won the  2014 Nobel Prize and became the youngest person to receive a Nobel Prize.
Educational equality links to an other major feminist issue,social inequality. It’s no surprise girls get dress coded much more than males do. “At Woodford High, the dress code bans shirts that extend below the collarbone. Recently,a photo of a female student at the school who was sent home after wearing a seemingly appropriate outfit that showed collarbone, went viral.” (The Atlantic. Atlantic Media Company, Web. 10 Mar. 2016.)When you interrupt a girl’s school day to make her change because you can see her bra strap and tell her she is ‘distracting the boys,you are telling her that boys’ education is more important than her’s.
Thousands of feminist of different shapes, colors and genders have come and gone.Some have had their voices spread world wide. Others have been left unheard. Many nations will never have equalism sync into their customs. Hopefully over the next few years feminism will become a natural thing in our country, instead of being known as a haughty thing to be apart of.
http://www.biography.com/people/malala-yousafzai-21362253
The Atlantic. Atlantic Media Company, Web. 10 Mar. 2016.
www.charismanews.com