Zobot

14 years old
Washingtonian at heart, Califorian in person

Aquarius
Slytherin
INFJ-T

Aerial Dancer
Bookworm

Germaphobe
Linguae Latinae Learner

Sweet tooth
Catlover

Any feedback is welcome.

Fish Girl

PROMPT: Bookshelf

0
My most favorite book current has to be Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. It is a dramatic romance, but even that doesn't do it justice. This thrilling story follows Rachel Chu as she navigates the ins and outs of her boyfriend Nick Young's crazy family. It also alternates chapters with Nick's cousin Astrid Leong Teo. She is the epitome of wealth and beauty, but hides a savvy business mind beneath the all the diamonds. Her wealth also hides the sadness in her crumbling marriage. If I go on I'll spoil everything, but if you like drama and romance I recommend.  

The next book is much less unknown, it is Fish Girl by David Wiesner. This is a beautiful novel made up of pictures, a mysterious drama in a comic book format. You will fall in love with the delicate artwork and ethereal characters. This is a great book to read when you need a different type of escape, an escape where everything drifts away into the calm of Wiener's inspired mind. 

My last book is more, you might say, real. It is about some very powerful women in history. This bool is called Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzie Lee, it is a collection of 52 tales about the brave and creative women of the world. You have the amazing tale of Cheng I Sao, the most successful pirate in history, then Ana Lezama de Urinza and Eustaquia de Sonza, the vigilante duo of 17th century Peru. You travel from the art, to the sciences, to the battlefields (both hidden and celebrated). This is one story of power for everyone. 

• April 24, 2019 - 11:05am (Now Viewing)