86a3e091 0ccd 47d3 9bbe 079aa912f859

BrokenSmile

You know what, I can’t explain myself. I’m awkward in real life, and sometimes just as awkward in my writing. I’ll review/ comment on things if you ask. I like to think I’m a pretty nice person, but I’m also a huge nerd. Um... yeah that’s it.

All feedback will be responded to and appreciated.

Questions, Comments, Suggestions

4
   I have been thinking about writing a longer story with short chapters. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be science fiction. Does anyone have any questions, comments, or suggestions? (Especially suggestions... I need more ideas ;-;)

• BrokenSmile

@mason wong, thank you for the suggestion, but I’m going to write science fiction. Maybe I’ll write some historical fiction in the future.

• mason wong

How about you write a historical fiction

• BrokenSmile

@Harlow, I was thinking of doing something a bit different from that, but that’s a great idea! I could use that as part of the story or could use it in the future. Thanks a bunch!

• Harlow

What about sci-fi from an alien perspective? Like they discover Earth and are accepted by humans, but don’t quite understand Earth ecosystems and economy and politics?

• Juliana

Sure! I hope to read some of it!

• BrokenSmile

Actually @Juliana I know exactly what you mean and that’s a great story idea! And knowing me I’d probably draw picture of the “species” too, I wish I could put them on here. I also love the “And do the opposite part”. That’s a great way to make a unique piece. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

• Juliana

I’m not having many ideas at the moment, but maybe write a list of what everyone thinks of when they think of sci-fi and aliens.....then do the opposite.
    Ooh, wait, just had an idea. What if you’ve got two characters from separate species. They know that the other species exist, but they imagine crazy things about them (e.g. they eat their children). Every chapter, you switch which character narrates. So you have two stories going on that eventually intertwine. Also, the reader doesn’t know any of that, they just know it’s two separate characters. As you go, you subtly talk about a “mysterious species” and the reader eventually realizes what’s going on.....I didn’t explain that very well, but I hope it gives you some inspiration.

• BrokenSmile

I'm just thinking about it right now, so I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be about a dystopian future or something of the sort.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

What type of sci-fi would it be? Futuristic, time travel, space opera (like Star Wars)?