Rose, Thorn

Griffindor
Dauntless
14
Music
Acting
Performing
Extrovert
Me

Hey please review this or really anything because I don't get reviews. Thanks!!

Les

5
                                                                                Backstory    
My brother is tall, hunky, and handsome. To my friends he's hot. His name is Josh. But to me he's just a brother, like I'm his sister. We used to tell everything to each other. For example, the day he told me he was in love. He had found a girl he could rely on and talk to about everything. They would burst through the kitchen doors hand in hand and sing old country songs. He would stay up late nights on the phone with her talking about pizza or blankets and the most random assortment of things you could think of. My parents love her. She is just what they want for him. She is kind and cares about us. She is beautiful and has the brightest smile. She has met all our relatives and Josh has met all of hers. She and I are close. Her name is like mine. My name is Luna, which in latin means Moon. Her name is Terra, which in latin means Earth. We are the Earth and the Moon. This is the story of the Moon. 

Present Time
    I grab my old yellow backpack from the corner of my room and fling it across my shoulder. Walking swiftly to my closet I get a sweatshirt and get out of my gross room. Standing along the railing, I'm thinking only of my morning procedure. My parents, as I will frequently mention, love Terra. They have no idea that she sleeps with their son. Of coarse they are aware of closet make - outs and strip poker and other teenage romance. But, they don't always notice how half of Terra's clothes are mine and in the laundry are outfits I don't own. They have never seen the plastic in my brothers drawers or the lingerie sometimes strewn along his floor in the mornings. When my brother drives me to school, he's also driving Terra. My parents bedroom is on the floor below us. They can't hear anything from my brother's room at night. So, being the kind sister I am, I'm on the lookout for him. I sneak downstairs and grab two croissants and a plastic bag. I bring the food to my brothers room. Two and a half knocks later my brother opens the door. Terra is curled in a sheet behind him. Josh smiles and takes the food and the bag. He puts her clothes in the bag and gives them to me. I walk to the laundry room. The cycle repeats every morning. They don't do it every night, but Terra can be forgetful. As in, she forgets to bring clothes to my house.

In the car Terra flirts with Josh and Josh flirts with Terra and I'm being a third wheel per usual. The car stops and I get out waving goodbye to my brother as he leaves. I turn around. Time stops. Why? I see her. Her hair is long and brown and curled to perfection. Her eyes a soft warm chocolate. Her eyelashes long, lush, beautiful. Just like her skin. And her body. And her lips... No. I need to stop. But I can't. Some invisible force pulls me towards her. She walks towards me and whispers in my ear. The slight air her mouth emits makes me shiver. The whisper becomes words and my mind wraps around them. "Les?" The words are a question. A question I can not answer.

We are going with this. I took some much needed time to get some nice latin translations. Yes, that is all. 

1

• Lovegood_24

Love this! Excited to read the other chapters.

• Gray_1604

I love this so far! I can’t wait for more!

• bride124

This is a VERY nice writing piece. I LOVE the relationship between the narrator and Terra (I totally get it; Terra (earth) and Luna (moon) haha! I have some tips but I will add that on my peer review. Great work!

• Jae

nice, i liked the details!
    :DDDDD