F3e9a7bdcaa485e194a0798bb9bc0b2b

Little Red Riding Hood

Don't just be another brick in the wall.

I also love summer evenings, cats, bubbles and cuddles :)

I'm a teenage girl with a peculiar mind. I try to make sense of this hectic world through writing and it does work, sometimes. I really want to become a better writer, maybe even have something published one day.. that would be amazing. It's probably worth mentioning that a lot of my pieces are not finished and probably never will be finished, but I'm proud of them regardless, which is why I publish them. It's also probably worth mentioning that some of my pieces deal with quite dark and sad topics. I'll put trigger warnings at the start of the pieces that I believe should have trigger warnings but if you have any problems with any of the other ones, please let me know. I don't want to hurt anybody.
LR xx

A Muse From the Middle of the Sea

0
-TRIGGER WARNING: Self harm, suicide-

The shimmering turquoise water lapped up against the side of the boat, creating a calming melody to sooth my aching mind. My hair danced around my face, conducted by the wind as I gazed out to sea. I looked to my left, and then my right. And both times all I saw was the ocean stretched out before me. It was quite comforting, although some would find it daunting, to know that the only thing between us and land, was miles and miles of water. And if we were to fall, we would fall to our certain death. But that’s why there are railings in place, and if you were serious about dying, you wouldn’t let the barriers get in your way. It was also comforting to know that because of the many nooks and crannies within this ship, I was almost impossible to find without sending a search party. And they wouldn’t do that, would they? I looked out to sea again.

In a couple of hours or so, I’d be surrounded by the same people for two weeks solid. So I had to use this alone time wisely. My t shirt flapped around my skinny frame and I hugged my arms around me, as some attempt to warm myself up. The silvery scars from darker times seemed to stand out on my pale skin, and I shivered at the thought of that cold blade between my fingers. I hadn’t hurt myself in a long time. But it was times like this when I did. When I was certain no one could find me unless I wanted to be found. But no, not again. Not unless it was the last time. Because slitting your wrists was a pretty impressive way to go. Let’s be honest. But that was only if I saw no light at the end of the tunnel, and only if all my friends had left me, and only if my parents had given up hope. Only then would I allow myself to let my soul be taken from me through the form of my final breath.

In the mean time, I’d soldier on, take each day as it comes and all that. Not that it wasn’t exhausting, pretending to smile and laugh with everyone else when inside all you felt was an empty void, eating you up a little more every day. But don’t get me wrong, I was getting better. The nightmares had faded, and I was able to feel something other than pain, but I still had a long way to go. But hopefully this holiday would improve me. Hopefully it would heal my wounds and make me happy, and I would come back the happy being I once was. That’s what my parents wanted, so they could stop blaming themselves for my sadness. But who knows what will happen. All I know is that I’ve made it this far, that despite it all, I’m alive and I’m smiling, and that, I think is my greatest achievement to date, and it could only get better, right?