F3e9a7bdcaa485e194a0798bb9bc0b2b

Little Red Riding Hood

Don't just be another brick in the wall.

I also love summer evenings, cats, bubbles and cuddles :)

I'm a teenage girl with a peculiar mind. I try to make sense of this hectic world through writing and it does work, sometimes. I really want to become a better writer, maybe even have something published one day.. that would be amazing. It's probably worth mentioning that a lot of my pieces are not finished and probably never will be finished, but I'm proud of them regardless, which is why I publish them. It's also probably worth mentioning that some of my pieces deal with quite dark and sad topics. I'll put trigger warnings at the start of the pieces that I believe should have trigger warnings but if you have any problems with any of the other ones, please let me know. I don't want to hurt anybody.
LR xx

I love you

0
“Saff?”

“Yes sweetie?”

“I don’t want to go back to school.”

We were leaning lazily against each other, watching the sun set slowly on the last evening of the summer holiday. The sky was painted with pinks and oranges and reds cast out by the sun’s glow, reflected back by the waves. The grassy rocks in which we were sat made for a perfect viewing spot of the beautiful sights around us. In fact, with a couple extra blankets and some candles, I could have stayed there all night.

“I know sweetie, neither do I. This summer has been so amazing. Especially because I got to spend it with you.” Saffron replied hugging me tighter.

I looked up at her with adoration. She kissed me softly then, her lips tasting of chocolate and sea salt. My heart did little summersaults and filled me with a warm fuzziness, and I could tell by the way she was smiling, Saffron was feeling the same.

“Saff?” I mumbled into her lips. She giggled,

“Yes sweetie?”

I rolled onto my knees and looked properly into her gorgeous green eyes. “I think Saff… I think maybe I might love you”

She looked away smiling, blushing a little. “Candice,” She started “You’re only 15. You don’t anything about love.”

“Why should age have to come into this?” This angered me “I’ve never felt this strongly for anyone other than you.”

Saffron sighed. “Candice, I’m not saying that, I’m just saying that you’re young, inexperienced, still maturing. You cannot expect yourself to know what love feels like.”

“Well, what about you?” I asked defiantly.

“What?”

“Do you love me?”

“I.. I don’t know sweetie. I like you. A lot. You’ve shown me happiness and I have some amazing memories made with you, but I just don’t know. Only time will tell. But Candice,” She looked at me “I do like you. Very much. Okay? I love all the time we spend together, I miss you when you’re not around and you mean the world to me, okay?”

I grinned and nodded “Okay.”

Saffron pulled me in and hugged me close. I breathed in her warm scent, resting my head in the crook of her neck.

“Come on you, it’s getting late, we’ll miss the last bus.”

I moaned into her shoulder, clinging on to her jumper. Saffron laughed kissing my head. “My little bear cub, would you like a piggy bag?”

I took advantage of this offer and nodded like a mad thing. “You’re so cute, you know that?” Saffron said. “Here, climb aboard beautiful.” She bent down a little and once I was secure on her back, she started to race down the grassy rocks to the path below.

I woke up briefly to see that Saffron had not only carried me off the bus and into my house, but tucked me up as well, and now she was asleep on my floor, hugging one of my pillows. The room was dimly lit, and soft music played from my laptop. I could hardly believe that I had to go to school tomorrow. It wasn’t fair. I did love that girl. Or something close to love.