F3e9a7bdcaa485e194a0798bb9bc0b2b

Little Red Riding Hood

Don't just be another brick in the wall.

I also love summer evenings, cats, bubbles and cuddles :)

I'm a teenage girl with a peculiar mind. I try to make sense of this hectic world through writing and it does work, sometimes. I really want to become a better writer, maybe even have something published one day.. that would be amazing. It's probably worth mentioning that a lot of my pieces are not finished and probably never will be finished, but I'm proud of them regardless, which is why I publish them. It's also probably worth mentioning that some of my pieces deal with quite dark and sad topics. I'll put trigger warnings at the start of the pieces that I believe should have trigger warnings but if you have any problems with any of the other ones, please let me know. I don't want to hurt anybody.
LR xx

Coming Out for Dinner

0
They were all there, mum, dad, sisters, grandparents, even my best friend. All had made a special effort to join me and my guest at a big family meal, just so I could tell them my ‘Big news’. To me though, it wasn’t big news. It was just something I was fed up of hiding. Around that table, my mum was the only one that knew. The rest were completely unaware of the bombshell I was about to drop on them. Even my best friend. In a way I felt bad for not telling any of them sooner but I used to fear their reactions. I’d read stories of parents kicking their kids out and kids being disowned by their families and I didn’t want that to be me.

It was only when I was 15 that my youth worker at school suggested it would be a good idea to tell at least one person. So what does an awkward teenage boy do? He tells his mum. Sitting down at the kitchen table that evening I mumbled the words, “Mum, I’m gay.” At first she acted like she hadn’t heard me so I said it again, “Mum, I’m g-.”
“Yes, I heard the first time Kasper.” She snapped. Her reaction was better than I expected, but not as great as I’d hoped. She told me it was best not to tell anyone else, not until I’d fully made up my mind, whatever that was supposed to mean.

So here I am, 3 years later and I’ve been with my boyfriend for just over a year. If that doesn’t prove I’ve ‘made up my mind’, I don’t know what will. It was his idea to do this. Lukas, it was Lukas’s idea. His parents are great. He came out to them when he was 13 and they’ve been supporting him ever since. I just haven’t got round to telling mine yet, so, what better way to it than with a big family meal.
The suspense was killing me. You could slice a knife through the tension it was that thick. Every so often someone would look at the empty seat next to me, then up at the clock, then back to the seat again. I could only imagine what thoughts were going through their heads. Each tick tick tick seemed to last hours until the loud buzzing of the doorbell cut through the silence making everyone jump. Finally I thought, he’s here.

“Oh Kas, I’m so sorry! Practice finished late and had to rush home to get changed and then my mum wanted me to run some shopping to the old lady up the road and she wanted to talk to me about some knitting class she’d been to and oh god,” Lukas breathed heavily, resting his hands on my shoulders for support. I straightened up his tie chuckling quietly. “Luke, chill man, I’m just glad you’re here.”
He smiled pecking me on the lips, He knew not to go any further, for my grandparents were only in the next room. “I brought these though.” He said holding up and bottle of champagne in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other. I big smile appeared on my face as I marvelled in his cuteness. Lukas grinned in return, making me smile even more. “Come on,” I said taking the gifts from him “Time to introduce you to the family.”

He squeezed my hand as I opened the dining room door but I dropped it as I went in. He understood why. The murmurs died out as I cleared my throat. “Everyone,” I started “I have some important news to tell you.”