TheUnkownPen

One word to describe me, found it. LAUGHTER

I published this on my other account, in which I forgot the password to, so this is my new account.

The Plot Holes in Our Most Beloved Children's Tales

5
tarting with on of the most beloved fairytales, Cinderella, I have a couple of questions. 
My friend made a quote book with quotes and questions and one of them that totally stood out to me was, why did Cinderella's shoe fall OFF if it fit PERFECTLY? In the books and movies, the narrator always emphasized that when Cinderella put on her glass slipper, it fit so darn, perfectly. Hmmmm... then why did it fall off? 

My next question is, why did Cinderella's father, who is always portrayed as a kind, man, decide to marry the evil Lady Tremaine, who had to horrible daughters? It sounds to me that their marriage was totally rushed and that he was desperate, for something. Either money, or love.  

Lastly, how did no one else in the entire LARGE kingdom, have Cinderella's shoe size? The kingdom was ginormous and there were so many maidens, there should have been at LEAST one maiden who had the same shoe size as Cinderella. I mean, come on, that's so unrealistic. Sorry Cinderella. 

I know that this is one of our most beloved fairy tales and that there is supposed to be a moral and all, but I couldn't help but notice that there were so many plot holes. 

Now onto Sleeping Beauty. I only have one main question for this one.  

What in the world was with these fairies' gifts? Yes, she was given beauty and the gift of song, but beauty IS NOT EVERYTHING. Personally, I think that if the fairies had given her a gift of honesty and intelligence, I think that if she had gotten those gifts, maybe it would have provided a better lesson for children. Why beauty on the outside? What does beauty matter unless it's on the inside? 

I know the these fairy tales should have a moral and I think that another one could have been installed to Sleeping Beauty if these gifts were different.  

Next, we have Alice and Wonderland. 

What do the Mad Hatter, March Hare, and Dormouse do on birthdays? 

If there's three of them, and they have unbirthdays and that's what they celebrate, that means that there's still three days where they have birthdays. Well, what do they do on their birthdays. Sit around. Nap. Sulk. That was never ever answered in this beloved book.  

This question is about Snow White, the first Disney Princess movie. 

Why does the Queen’s magic have such inconvenient gaps? She's able to poison an apple, without making it look suspicious and make a magic mirror, but she is unable to make herself beautiful. Why? She seems to have such strong magical powers, but she is unable to change her appearance, or make her curses kiss proof. All of these curses seriously need to make themselves kiss proof. Oh dear. true love is a very strong thing, but that doesn't need to be conveyed to three year olds does it? 

Lastly, I have an overall fairy tale question. Why are there so many harming brothers and did they all have the same mother? Is so, who? 

I love all of these fairy tales and they are as comfy as my favorite pair of slippers, but when I saw these errors and plot holes, well, I couldn't help but poke fun at the and point them out.  

• Quille's Dead Account

XD

• Lovegood_24

I recently found that Cinderella quote too! I think in the original it gets stuck in tar or something and that's why it feel off but I feel like her shoe would stay on her foot until she chose to take it out or something. IDK. Love this though!

• AnonymousWriter

I love this and it's totally true, no matter what anyone says. Keep writing?

• Lissie

That's just the most well-known Cinderella story; there are hundred's of versions of the story, and reportedly the earliest one was by Perrault. The original story for Sleeping Beauty is also vastly different. I'm not even sure if there are wishes in it? It's very dark. I don't know what the characters from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland do on the birthday. I think when writing or telling a story that not everything can be addressed, and sometimes they aren't because they don't serve to further the theme or message of the book or story.

• Embo

Too true. I couldn't have put it better myself. :)