B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721

pencils.and.paper.roses

Writer
NERD
Baker
HUGE Marvel fan
Hopeless romantic
16
Early senior
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by British people and culture
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
&
Rami Malek
❤️

See the footnotes

Brief Rant

6
Almost every one of my friends are younger or older than I am. They’re all 11 or 17 or little kids. None of them are my own age.

But you know why I hardly have any friends my age?

It’s because I’m a socially anxious INFP personality type who’s also a teen writer. I have no other hobbies (literally). I have almost zero interest in things like shopping or drama (the drama of everyone else’s life). I cannot talk out loud, only on paper.

I don’t go to a brick-and-mortar school, I go to a virtual school and have barely set foot in an actual school building my whole life. Therefore, I don’t really have any opportunities to talk to people my own age anyway.

So please, stop telling me to talk to people, to go start a conversation or stop being “shy”.  Stop telling me to just get over it; I’ll do fine if I just do it. Stop telling me to put the book (or paper) away and be with other people.

Because I can’t.

Just leave me be with the fictional characters I read and write about. Leave me be with the strange formatting of my stories or poems or scripts. Just leave me be when I stay inside to do something quiet; I don’t tend to do much outside.

Please.
Don't worry, this is not aimed at anyone here. XD It's mostly aimed at my family, but don't tell them that. 

• BlueMoons

Can I just say thank you? I feel you. I feel you so much. Wonderful, raw, angry writing, I love it so much.

• bride124

I love the rant. It is nice to give off deep, raw, emotions in your writing. Great job!

• -writinginhopesofsomeday-

I've always found it easier to talk to my mom's friends or my teachers rather than my classmates and neighbors. I completely relate:)

Oh my goodness! This is exactly how it is with me too; all my friends are little kids or in their thirties!

• pencils.and.paper.roses

@weirdo I'm 15 years old :P Almost 16.

• weirdo

ha! me too. except it's far worse for me because I'm surrounded by people my own age every weekday and just refuse to interact because I only like fictional people.
    how old are you?