pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
Queen
The Lumineers
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with Rami Malek
❤️

See the footnotes

Brief Rant

6
Almost every one of my friends are younger or older than I am. They’re all 11 or 17 or little kids. None of them are my own age.

But you know why I hardly have any friends my age?

It’s because I’m a socially anxious INFP personality type who’s also a teen writer. I have no other hobbies (literally). I have almost zero interest in things like shopping or drama (the drama of everyone else’s life). I cannot talk out loud, only on paper.

I don’t go to a brick-and-mortar school, I go to a virtual school and have barely set foot in an actual school building my whole life. Therefore, I don’t really have any opportunities to talk to people my own age anyway.

So please, stop telling me to talk to people, to go start a conversation or stop being “shy”.  Stop telling me to just get over it; I’ll do fine if I just do it. Stop telling me to put the book (or paper) away and be with other people.

Because I can’t.

Just leave me be with the fictional characters I read and write about. Leave me be with the strange formatting of my stories or poems or scripts. Just leave me be when I stay inside to do something quiet; I don’t tend to do much outside.

Please.
Don't worry, this is not aimed at anyone here. XD It's mostly aimed at my family, but don't tell them that. 

• BlueMoons

Can I just say thank you? I feel you. I feel you so much. Wonderful, raw, angry writing, I love it so much.

• bride124

I love the rant. It is nice to give off deep, raw, emotions in your writing. Great job!

• -writinginhopesofsomeday-

I've always found it easier to talk to my mom's friends or my teachers rather than my classmates and neighbors. I completely relate:)

Oh my goodness! This is exactly how it is with me too; all my friends are little kids or in their thirties!

• pencils.and.paper.roses

@weirdo I'm 15 years old :P Almost 16.

• weirdo

ha! me too. except it's far worse for me because I'm surrounded by people my own age every weekday and just refuse to interact because I only like fictional people.
    how old are you?