Il 570xn.552487634 fcqt

mrcolinredwards

I am a huge fan of fantasy, science fiction, super heroes, cartoons, and musicals. My favorite color is red, I love elephants, and my favorite food is oyster crackers and Hershey's milk chocolate. I love writing creative stories. Please read my page!

Happy Mother's Day everybody! Here's a piece to celebrate the occasion for my mom! Enjoy!

Happy Mother's Day, A Poem For My Mom:

4
Description: Hey all, today is May 12, and we all know what means! That's right folks, today is Mother's Day, the one day of the year that we the people across the world celebrate our very special ladies known as our mothers and show how much we care about them. Anyhow, I've gotten mom a bunch of great stuff, but the very top of the tower will be completed with a poem I came up with today! My mom has been so helpful to me in all my years, despite how difficult and stubborn I've been, and always pushes me to do my best at everything I do. I love my mom and this poem will express just that. Happy Mother's Day everyone, especially you mom! Enjoy!

Rated: K+ (just to keep it safe!)

You've been looking after me 

Ever since day one of life

Filling my heart with glee

And eliminating strife

I'm stubborn and hot headed

But, you're willing to put up with that

Teaching me lessons embedded 

On my brain like dirt on a door mat

From visits to the sea side

To buying oyster crackers at the store

Willing to give me a ride

To places minutes before

Pushed me to the test

On all my school work

Telling me to do my best

And never once shirk

I always crush up the milk container

When I put it in the recycling

Keeping healthy is a no brainer

And choosing scootering instead of cycling

You've done so much

And I'll say it without delay

You've made me come through the clutch

Happy Mother's Day!

I've tried to be mature

And not embarrass you

But, my intensions are pure

That much is true

You know that I'm kind

And I like making friends

I've got a creative mind

Also willing to make amends 

Despite the fact I'm an introvert

You never seem to mind it

Comforting me when I'm hurt

You look for good and find it

Hershey's chocolate never lacking

You're always there to stock it

Aware of my love of snacking

The cabinet, you never lock it

Supportive of my writing career

Helping me in every way

Now I hail this cheer

Happy Mother's Day!

Even though I work a lot

Absorbed by distraction

I have always thought 

That you help me take action

Always pushing me to try the new

Go out of my comfort zone

Whether it's swimming in oceans blue

Or trying a new ice cream cone

I've come a long, long way

Yet, still a long way to travel

With you, I'll never stray

From the path continuing to unravel

I'm a little unsteady

With the road ahead

But, you know I'm ready

My wings are spread

I'm no longer a little boy

Yet, I'm doing just fine

I've got a life to enjoy

And I'm glad that it's mine

You helped me get there

That's how it's going to stay

You help me like a prayer

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Here's a little piece dedicated to my mom!

• May 12, 2019 - 10:01am (Now Viewing)

• mrcolinredwards

Wow, thanks so much! i never knew people could think while asleep, but you've proven me wrong. I'm glad you believe in me so much and will be my friend no matter what. Thanks Cololo231. :)

• Cololo231

Dude, you didn't let me down; I know that you did your best. It just that the two chapters you made were not how I imagined in my mind. It felt too off and pretty lighthearted to me when you wrote it. And you know what? I just changed my mind once again. I've been thinking about not putting that story onto the Fantasy Writing Competition because I thought about a different concept to write on there and the whole giantess capturing the three heroes story is the one I change to have instead the normal 23 year old woman who is pal with the fat guy and the slender guy and then all of the sudden, she drinks a unusual drink that caused her to turn into a 60 feet tall giant. That's how I've been thinking while asleep. But thanks anyways, Redwards. It was worth a try. I'm gonna be writing that story in the Free Writing prompt. And I'll think of something about the original concept.

• mrcolinredwards

Yeah, I just apologized anyway because I'm your friend. I hate letting you down. I know you're not mad at me, but I feel like need to. I care about you Cololo231, I'd do anything to help you out.

• Cololo231

Hey, you got my message?

• mrcolinredwards

Thanks so much; I tend to cling on to things like cartoons and my old toys so I can at least be an adult and a kid at the same time (one of my favorite animated films is Horton Hears A Who.). Btw, I don't want to give too much away, but the first half of chapter two is going to make you laugh your head off when you read it!

• Cololo231

*chuckles You're like a little kid and you don't wan to grow up? That's kinda odd for a young adult like you, but who knows? You're a nice fellow. No wonder you're always positive and jovial. And I like you for that. But like I said, thanks for helping me, though.

• mrcolinredwards

Oh, sorry, Cololo231, forgive me for not contacting you! I'm glad you still like me and want to be friends. I understand you're grown up and that you're not a child, I was just trying to help in my own way. I guess I did what I did was because well...I really don't want to grow up. I'm a kid at heart and I try to cling on to the things I loved most. I'll try to give you more adult advice, but please be patient with me too. Love your old pal,

mrcolinredwards

p.s chapter two is coming along, look out for it!

• Cololo231

Hello?

• Cololo231

No, Redwards, I still like you. It's just that anything that you're showing me just isn't helping me and it's something I wasn't interested in looking at. It's best for you to just talk through things in a way I won't feel so bad about myself anymore, that's all. You meant well and I appreciate you helping me, but don't show me some silly stuff just because.....alright? I'm grown up now. We should learn how to feel like adults.

• mrcolinredwards

Oh...very well, I see. Sorry I was unable to help. I only hope that...we're still friends and you still like me.

• Cololo231

You know what, Redwards? Stop giving me songs that you heard. They don't help. I only want to have a good summer and this is what I end up getting. Everyone already have plans on what they want to do every summer except me. Just....no more. I'm done. I've had it. I just want to be by myself right now.

• mrcolinredwards

Just because it happens at school, doesn't mean it will happen out of school. I've got faith, Cololo231, and beyond a shadow of a doubt, you're going to be okay! Trust me, no matter how bad things get, you will be okay. Allow me to recite a little something I heard from a Disney movie once

"Faith is a bluebird you see from afar

It's for real and as sure as the first evening star

You can't touch it, or buy it, or wrap it up tight

But, it's there just the same, making things turn out right."

I know things aren't exactly good for you all the time and I won't lie, it will be difficult, but as long as you keep the faith, you'll be fine. I believe in your, Cololo231.

• Cololo231

But even if i make new friends, we're still not gonna connect. That's what it happens to me when I'm at school.

• mrcolinredwards

Great attitude, that's the spirit! I had no idea you liked composing music online, really cool! I'll bet you might find a part time job in that one day, like making soundtracks on movies based on stories of your own.

• Cololo231

I have other things that I'm doing right now, like writing a story and making it into a series in my homepage and composing music online. at least those are the things I can do over the summer without complaining.

• mrcolinredwards

Oh, I see, I see, I get the picture now. However, I wouldn't worry about doing nothing all summer. I'm certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you might make some new friends to hang out with and you can always talk to me, especially now that I'm in the process of writing your story request. (chapter two is coming along beautifully, got a good starting hook.). However, as for calling her at any hour every day, I might limit it to at least a couple days in between because sometimes friends need a break from each other. I know my advice seems kind of choppy, but I'll do the best I can to help. Trust me though, things are going to work out between you and your friend. The road can be bumpy sometimes, but it paves out eventually. All you have to do is be patient and let it come. You'll be okay, I promise.

• Cololo231

Okay, first of all, I DO give Skylar some space. Secondly, I don't call her too many times. I just call at any hour every day. It was my idea to call her since she's a good friend. And thirdly, the way mom handles out conservation came out as awkward and unhelpful, repeatedly saying that Skylar doesn't want me, which is not true. Or I could say that what she meant that she doesn't want me right now. Either way, she could've been more specific. It's just like when the other students who I've dealt with many years ago were extremely clingy and childish and wouldn't go away and I tried to deal with it on my time. Thank God it stopped. But again, I've already made plans for this summer and we're supposed to be ready for it. I know she has other things to do compared to me, but I don;t wan to do nothing all summer. I'm not trying to be obsessive about it, just wanted to make it work and enjoy the whole 3 months before school starts.

• mrcolinredwards

Oof...that's a serious issue, buddy. I have a long distance friendship too and I totally get how hard it is to deal with that. Look, even though your friend is far away and she might not always respond, she's still your friend. Yes, you won't be communicating on a daily basis, but you have to learn to adjust. I will not lie to you, it's extremely difficult to deal with, yet it gets better in time. And though your friend may not give you her address, you can work out a plan to meet somewhere like a coffee shop or someplace nice to hang. Calling or texting your friend multiple times can come off as rude or make you sound like you're clingy, so I'd recommend giving your friend her space, which shows you respect her as a person and that you accept the new status quo between you. As someone with personal experience with this sort of situation, I completely understand. As for the situation with your mom, it's best you give her space until things blow over. Hope this helps!

• Cololo231

Okay, so during this summer, I wanted to have my school friend over at my house to hang out, but since she told me that I don't have to call her, I can text her, so we texted for a while, but days later, she didn't respond, so when i have to call her again, she asked me once again to stop calling her, but I simply had no choice and that's where I got totally upset. And then, she told me that she may not give me her address because she believed that I can't go to her house without permission, but I'm gonna ask my mom about it, but then we got into an unhelpful conservation related to this situation, so I got pissed even more. So, yeah, I couldn't handle this conflict and that's why I came to you for some advice.

• mrcolinredwards

Oh...I see. What can I do for you, my fine friend? Lay it on me and I'll help the best I can!

• Cololo231

It's not about the story, dude. I'm feeling quite depressed right now. :(

• mrcolinredwards

Oh hey, Cololo231, I'm sorry I didn't answer you sooner, I was kind of busy! Anyhow, I finished the first chapter as promised and worked my butt off to make it good. However, if I've displeased you in anyway, please forgive me and tell me what I need to do to improve. So....what do you think?

• Cololo231

Redwards.....?

• Samina

It was wonderful reading this poem. I am very inspired by your writings..

• mrcolinredwards

K+ is a fanfiction rating, it means may have some content not appropriate for younger readers. I always put these in just to keep things safe if you catch my drift, you see it a lot on fan fiction.net. Btw, thanks for the kind words!

• Jade Sweet

That was an awesome poem
    Someday I wish I can impress my mom like this so it’s easy for me to get my books
    Anyways what’s K+

• mrcolinredwards

You're welcome, old buddy!

• Cololo231

Thanks, that means a lot.

• mrcolinredwards

YASSSSSSS!!! That is so freaking awesome!!!! Oh, and now that we can talk, guess what?! I'm almost finished with the first chapter of your story request and once it's done you'll be able to see it! Been working on it a little each day and it's been coming together nicely. Although, if you want a little more action, let me know! Luv ya, Cololo231, you rock!

• Cololo231

No, I forgot to tell you that I been on the desktop computer in my dad's office. He's not using it right now, so I can use it to come into this website and talk to you here again. Now we can communicate all over the summer. :)

• mrcolinredwards

Cololo231, is that you?! I thought you wouldn't be seeing me until the end of the summer?! Did you finally get your computer?!

• Cololo231

Hey, Redwaaaaards! :D

• mrcolinredwards

You know I won't forget your story, I made a promise. Just worked on another bit of the first chapter today and guess what? It's getting close to being done! Hopefully, I'll get the first few chapters finished throughout the Summer! Good luck out there, Cololo231, have a nice summer!

• Cololo231

Well, Redwards, Today is the day. It's time for me to turn in my laptop in my Bulldog period. I guess I won't be writing any stories in my home profile during the summer. Because hopefully, like I said, my dad will get me a new laptop on my 18th birthday if he can just afford it so I'll be able to talk to you more and stuff. And don't forget my story. I'm really dying for it.

• mrcolinredwards

You're very welcome, my dear friend. Take care.

• Cololo231

Aww, thanks, Redwards. That's sweet of you to say that.

• mrcolinredwards

Thanks so much, Cololo231. I didn't expect you to be okay with this, considering how much this story meant to you, but I'm glad you are. I am so moved that you still care about me and think I'm an amazing friend. I feel so honored to comfort you in the most difficult times, wishing I could hug you too. Though the process will take time, I promise you the story will be done. For now, I'm going to do a little revision on an old piece I worked on when I first came here. I am going to miss you so much when you turn in your computer, but before you do, I've got a little advice for you; whenever your life is going wrong and things are just so awful you want to give up, think of me and how I'm willing to be there for you. As long as you have me in your heart and mind, you'll have the will to go on. Believe me, I've been though lots of tough times, but no matter how bad things get, I know that something good will happen in the future. So, all and all, I care for you, Cololo231, always will. Take good care of yourself and when I start posting the first few chapters of that story, I hope you'll enjoy them.

Love, your buddy,

mrcolinredwards :)

• Cololo231

Don't say that! You're not a terrible friend! You know that I love you with all my heart. Like I said, there is a lot of time and I'll get a new laptop on my 18th birthday so I can interact with you on there and see how my story looks, so don't feel bad, it'll happen, I just know. I jus hope we can ever talk to each other again. Redwards, you are a wonderful friend and I'm being brutally honest about it. You've always been there, even in the toughest times, and I wish you were all the time. :)

• mrcolinredwards

Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I feel really awful and like a terrible friend! Please don't hate me!

• Cololo231

Hey, Redwards. I just want to remind you that on Friday, this Friday, I'm gonna be turning in my laptop. I guess I won't be able to see how the story looks now. :(

• mrcolinredwards

I hope you had a good Mother's Day too!

• mrcolinredwards

I know, I worked really hard on it!

• Harlow

ThAts BeAutiFul TwT

• mrcolinredwards

She cried when she read it, she said she loved it! Even though I don't always show it and get absorbed in my work on the computer, I love my mom. Btw, the first chapter of your story request is still in development, but getting interesting. I don't want to give too much a way, but something really funny happens while Barton is setting up the tent. Also, please don't hate me if I take a long time getting the chapters all done. I do want to keep my promise, but sometimes I get ideas for my writing and it tends to deter me from it. I don't want to lose my good friend.

• Cololo231

Aww, Redwards, that is so sweet of you to write a poem for your mother. I hope she likes it. :)